Monday, December 01, 2008

On the Warning

Yeah. Got a warning from the medical school. Sort of like a stern one too.

For the past few months I'm in my clinical school, I have been behaving as if I'll sail through my clinical years. That things is going to be alright even though I don't study that much. That it won't be that hard now that I've passed all the bored-you-to-death theory years. That... I'm actually behaving like I'm on a honeymoon year. What's with all those clubbings and outings. Gosh, now looking back, I barely even studied! Quattro, Maison, TGIF (twice!)... And not to forget all those outings and events I attended, what trip down south, the Octoberfest, YKLS's Concert, covering the Terry Fox and joining the Photomarathon... Phuh, I never knew my life could be so colourful...

Which, brings me back to my point of being serious on my studies.

See, there's the end of posting test for each of the rotations we're in. Medicine, Surgery, Peadiatrics, Primary Care and ObGyn. Not to forget to add in the list of the exams, we have end of course tests for all the Social Preventive Medicine courses, i.e. statistics, Family health and God knows what else?

With that being said, after coming back from doing the postnatal nursing visit this morning, roomie KK texted me.

Oh FINALLY! It must've been ages since I last gotten the neck that I almost forgot about it until I was frantically studying for my Family Health test which will be held, TOMORROW 2nd of October. Anyways, so I asked if it's confirmed I failed?

And he said...

After some clarification were made, we decided to head back to the hostel straight away from the clinic. Despite knowing our results, I still want to know which component failed me. I have known that I basically won't fare much in my written exams, and I don't expect the cardiologist to pass me in my bedside-short-case examination as well.

True enough, it was all those that I had in mind. Blardy failed BOTH my MCQs and Essays with unimaginably bad grades while being a viva-border for my physical examination. Luckily the continuous assessments carried enough marks to help push me to the passing mark.

But I was not satisfied. Not AT ALL! I was the only person to have a B in my ATT, whatever it is, while all my colleagues go A+! Why the heck was that?! If it's attendance, it must've been a mistake. If it's attitude, it's still not FAIR! CPN for whatever it was, I was given a C. Case presentation? And to think I actually presented like erm, twice? What fucked up marks have I been getting? Or because the endocrinologist gave me just a mere passing mark?

There you go. You known all my embarassing results. Don't mind telling since I'm going to get myself drug-overdose anyways.

I'm not satisfied really.

But I can't blame the examiners. I only have myself to blame.

Definitely NOT a good start of the week for me.

And to think I actually wanted to head out of town this weekend since there's holiday next Monday? What's with the Singapore trip in mind and the invitation to Malacca... I'm re-considering... Gotta start pumping up for my ObGyn and Primary Care end of posting tests...

Why oh why does all the exam blues have to haunt me?! And to even make me doubt myself... Or worse, to make me wonder if I've chosen the wrong path...

So here's to the examination system, despite you being set up to evaluate our knowledge on what we've learnt and everything...

'Nuff said.

6 Jujus:

TZ said...

Dude, from Dec 1st 2008... hehehe.. no more drinking session with TZ...

STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! .... hiak hiak...

.:: Ant ::. said...

Too many cocktails dude, be a good boi ya. You have lots of chances to enjoy later. :)

Take care, dun be too square! ^_^

+Ant+

Pike-chan said...

add oil in yr study next time lar....

joshua said...

Add oil, fellow compatriot!!!

Soldier on!

Janvier said...

Family Health, tomorrow the 2nd of October?

Guess it's time to buck up ya? You studyin's never gonna stop, you can still have your fun so long as you can juggle your time! :)

Medie007 said...

TZ... i HATE I HATE I HATE!!!

Anton, wat is being too square? LOL

pikey, joshua, janvier: thanks! :P