Saturday, November 01, 2008

On Octoberfest 2009

It's BACK again!!! :D

I was wondering what I'd be doing for the weekend when this piece of news on the paper caught me. I couldn't quite believe it until I confirmed about the time online. It's indeed this weekend. From the 31st of October till the 2nd of November. 1RM beer... German sausages... Performances... Lots of smokes....

I'm talking about the OCTOBERFEST!

6 of us squeezed in a car from Klang, fighting all the jams along the 2 toll plaza on the Federal Highway, and finally reached One Utama around 8pm. After all, the RM1 beer redemption only starts at 7pm. And from my experience last year, it was VERY worth it.

Just that, we were fucked. We left Klang too late. We reached late. And we walked too slow. That when finally we reached the redemption counter, we were just in time to hear them announcing the last bottle of beer has been claimed.

Imagine how disappointed I was! The others in the group, erm, all of them girls, 5 of them... They weren't really there to drink. I suppose just to gain the experience.



We trotted back to the mall for dinner. The girls couldn't decide what to eat, and let me make the decision, except from that 70bucks Japanese buffet. That's how we ended up sitting and laughing our arses off for 2 hours inside Paddington's.



After dinner, while 4 of them girls left for some shopping, Klate Gurl and I headed back to the Octoberfest. I brought my camera. And I drove for 1.5 hours from Klang. I won't feel satisfied if I don't enjoy myself at the fest.

That's how Klate Gurl and I were ended up chewing on the HUGE sausages. Me likey huge ones... Very yummy....

We bought ourselves one plate of German Bratwrust. Pricey yes. But Klate Gurl kept on reminding me the reason we drove from Klang to One Utama....

And kindly enough, I supposed it was because it's coming to an end, the lady at the stall gave us a free BBQ-ed chicken wing. :D Weeee....

I finally decided to just get ourselves that bottle of German beer...

Though it wasn't as fun as how I imagined it, 6 of us hanging around together- each with a bottle in our hands, but 2 of us sharing on one and grooved around with the live performances was close enough.

Anyways, that's the 2nd Octoberfest I attended. I asked some other friends to go as well, the more the merrier innit? But sadly, there was another group going down to Port Dickson this weekend, while some others going back home. There were a few who wanted to go, but wasn't able to due to... lack of transport... Pity...

But ah well... There'll be the 5th one next year.


By the way, Happy Halloween everyone! :D Boo hoo!

6 Jujus:

Rae P said...

I really am enjoying all your pictionaries XD

And the sausages looks delish too eat too......

[SK] said...

i love german sausages... :p

William said...

I love sausages. :P

Medie007 said...

raeshad, thanks! happy that you enjoyed it. :D and yeaps, the sausages are NICE...

sk & william, who would have guessed not right? >.<

Grady said...

i like your angles.. all looks nice..
good pics

Katetricia said...

lol... I am IMPRESSED...AGAIN

Deng... should have know you earlier !

So we can go Octoberfest together! lol

I stay nearby, work nearby, study nearby, particular live, life, dead all at 1U area, but never was motivated to go Octoberfest (that's what happened when you just take advantage of having-things-easily-near-you! LOL