Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On Feeling Bloated

I tried to recall the last time I had this feeling of bloatedness. I know it was a real bad feeling. Unable to stand, sit, lie or anything at all. Walking around helped relieve the discomfort for a bit, but the bloat didn't pass until about an hour later. Or maybe shorter.

Until I think I spoke too soon the other night after A treated us to dinner. No, it wasn't the dinner. Have been feeling slight discomfort earlier. It could've been the Burger King that I had, but I thought I was just feeling quite full. But that night after the dinner and movies, the first thing that came out of my mouth at A's, "Do you have any ENO? My tummy feels like exploding, I feel like vomiting..." LOL

The warm honey lemon drink (I think it was that? Not quite sure) he made me helped relieve the bloating and helped me slept through the night, or morning. Woke up by 8a.m. the next day and went for my breakfast, only to feel the bloatedness, again. Darn. Decided to let A and the others know that I probably wouldn't be able to join their lunch and went out with the colleagues after lunch to do some physical activities, hoping it'd help relieve the bloating. And sure it did. Thank God...

Little did I know, that after I had my dinner that night, I felt like vomiting again. It was as if some balloon is stuffed inside your stomach and it was growing bigger and pressing on the walls of the stomach and I don't know, that feeling where you just feel like Oh gosh, not again.... It was a torture really. Can't really lie down, so I slept sitting with my head down on the study table.

Decided to skip breakfast the next day and went straight to class.

Am pretty grateful I'm not bloated anymore. God's willing. Shall appreciate food more.

Yes. I shall eat in moderation next time.

16 Jujus:

TZ said...

hahaha.... what physical activities you do to release your bloated feeling ... I just wondered :p

V said...

YES....eat slowly n gracefully next time ;P

Medie007 said...

TZ, partying with lady gaga apparently. :P

Queen B, yes your highness, shall remember to do that next time. :D

Pike-chan said...

Fancy a Ginger flavour Eno ?

Janvier said...

More ginger intake!

.:: Ant ::. said...

Yup, ginger flavoured eno helps.....or a hot ginger drink wld too.

+Ant+

Unknown said...

bloated arh... very kelian wan leh... but for me once i am having headache i know im bloated ledi... my body seemed to be very keen on telling me that my blood sugar is rising~ anyway you can try taking walks if you are bloated coz when you are sitting, the "sensation" is much more worsen~>.<

sbanboy said...

Do take k man

MrBunnyBan said...

Bloated? I can only think of ginger tea or eno to help. GLad you're feeling better now.

[SK] said...

oh yeah, i know how it feels with that bloatedness.. you get better just after an hour, i had times where it lasted for the whole night, really couldn't stand it..

Chris said...

this will happen to me when i am extremely hunger for foods .. :p

Sam said...

I think you drink too much. :P

Medie007 said...

whoa, everyone suggesting ginger eno / ginger / eno. LOL

chris, funny that u feel bloated when u're hungry. :P

Medie007 said...

sam, couldnt possible be. i still will drink anyways. :P

Glog said...

You are now bloated...
I enjoy reading your many anatomical adventures...

Johny said...

hyperemesis gravidarum?!
LOL