Sunday, March 29, 2009

On Whisky-ing to the Sunset

I can vaguely remember what it was like. I know it was a gush of warm feelings. It goes into the mouth, and when it flows down the throat, the gush of warmth was unknown to words descriptions. You just feel great and euphoric. And you want more.

And really, I'm not that alcoholic! I'm just a social drinker. Maybe even rarer than occasional even. So I find it pretty funny when friends thought I drink. A lot. Like. A frequent drinker. Not that I'm offended. I just laughed to it. Oh happy happy joy joy.

A: So you guys wanna drink?
B: I'm okay.
C: Sure.
A: T's fine. And this boy (referring to me) no need to say lah. The answer is definitely a yes.


I just managed to smile at the comments.

So there we were, sitting by the river, chatting away, admiring the bottle of Scotch Whisky A brought along.

Me: Gosh... this must be old... How long have it been? 10 years? 20 years?
A: Why?
Me: No, I mean, from the look of it... It's like... old... And so precious...
A: Haha. Over 20 years.
Me: Wow... and you opened it tonight like it's some grand event...
A: Why?
Me: I mean... it's as if... like... you're opening a 20 year old scotch whisky for a dinner with friends... Like, I'm so touched!


Speaking about drama. I think all those happening around me has influenced me a bundle! Urgh. Guessed he only managed to smile.

Charming really. I drank some scotch whisky as old as I am... How... Touched!

To friendship! Cheeeerrrsssssss.....

It was a dinner at this seafood place near to Carey Island by the way. Like, a farewell party for a friend who's leaving overseas in a couple of weeks.

17 Jujus:

Perky said...

I love the pics you took. Makes me wanna have a glass of whiskey by the river too!

JD Cole said...

u should hv drink more! ;P

MiChi said...

hey...I love Whiskey too.....! Especially can drink with close friends that really enjoy the drink.

Danny said...

i've forgot the taste of alcohol.. really...;(
now i'm just addicted to 100 plus...lol

Pike-chan said...

aaww...... so sweet....

TZ said...

I'm so touch ... *Sob Sob* I drank whiskey on the rock or without ice .. just pure Whiskey... :p

Twilight Man said...

Go drink with TZ and you will get pissed off with worst hang over! LOL... Nice photo, so sentimental Medie!

Medie007 said...

Perky, let's have a river cruise someday! Weeee... And bring scotch too. i'll just drink. hahaha

JD Cole, i should i should! but i dunno if A allows. haha

Michi, i suppose. but honestly, i'm not one who can tell wat's nice whisky... but vodka yes. hahaha

Medie007 said...

Danny, like, whoa... i never knew people who are addicted to 100plus! you're one of your kind! hehehe

pikey, thanks. :)

Medie007 said...

TZ, i'm sure it was more of heavenly euphoria then, like one stage above euphoria. hahaha

Twillight, hahaha, been there, done that, but hang over not that bad still... can't seem to continue sleeping with the headache. lol. and thanks for the compliments! on the photo i mean :D

.:: Ant ::. said...

Darn, A is so garang!

+Ant+

Medie007 said...

Anton, really? you thought so?

JL said...

How nice to celebrate a party at an island! Some more with whisky :p

Sam said...

Honestly, drinking it was like licking a really old cupboard. O.O

Perky said...

@ Sam: LMAO! Omg, makes me wonder if you ever did lick an old cupboard b4!

Medie007 said...

JL, yeaps... a nice dinner gathering indeed. :D

Sam, like, eeewww... how degrading... you shall be banned from drinking next time.

Perky, trust me, he did. hahahahhaa

KY said...

Heard you guys had a great time with dinner and drinking. Lovely...