Saturday, June 12, 2010

On the Durian Cake

LOL. Durian fever is definitely up and high.

It wasn't really that strong of a durian, but I think they've added some smell into the icing or something. It was a plain butter sponge cake or some sort, but the durian icing was.. yummy.

This is a shop in Kota Damansara called Dine @ Aunty Lin or something, they serve home made noodles and stuff. Was there with the family while we were waiting for our cars to be fixed one weekend when we just dropped by because we didn't know where else to go.

I ordered a home made noodle with Chicken, purposedly picked the type with the smallest type because I just never liked those home made noodles, too big and too 'chewy'. But who'd know, the noodles came out to be as large as the 'yellow' noodle used for 'mee jawa'. D'0h! If the smallest is that thick, then I'm sure the bigger would be much BIGGER. That's the only thing that I didn't like about the noodles. Taste wise, it was quite okay. Chicken was definitely nice.

At least the cakes were pretty nice. Mum had some yam thingy.

Sis gotten some nutty thingy.

Dad's gone before I could catch a glimpse of it.

But anyways, the cakes were nice. Now that that's done, why not try a real durian with some seed?

6 Jujus:

TZ said...

when r u going to buy durian? I will self invite to your place if you don mind :p

[SK] said...

should be Aunty Lan instead.. urgh, durian!! i hate durians!!

Little Dove said...

Your dad must be really hungry. lol

smallkucing said...

Durian...I am nuts about durian...but funny thing is that i am not fond of dodol nor the cake

Gratitude said...

Precisely, I prefer to juz pick myself the real thing, firm yet creamy flesh ;)
+Ant+

William said...

Yes wor, is Aunty Lan. Saw it in your photo.