Sunday, April 18, 2010

On the Trip to Vietnam...

... Kitchen. LOL.

It was quite a rushy one hour lunch in OneUtama as Mum and Dad needed to go to KL Central and catch a bus and reach LCCT by 3pm, and it was already 12noon. So the next thing that came into mind in such a huge shopping mall, was what lied in front of us - Vietnam Kitchen.

Upon being seated, we were given their menu, which was really nice I thought. It was like this journal kinda thing, which gave it a fresh feeling. There was a brief introduction on Vietnam and all before we open it up to the menu.

We ordered quite a feast despite it was just the 4 of us. The neighbouring table must've been looking at our table, and the only thing we could guess running in their minds were, "No wonder they're so fat!" LOL.

I personally thought some of their dishes were just so so, but some others were really nice. We ordered 5 dishes in total.

Fried lotus roots with some other stuff was fine.

Stir fried long beans was kinda spicy, not exactly suited my taste.

The fish fillet was quite nice despite being quite sour. Great dish to go with the rice indeed.

Fried chicken was grrreeat! The chicken meat was so juicy and so tender I actually thought it was the fish!

But what I love most would probably be their beef soup. It came in a mini cooker. The soup tasted pretty much like any other beef soup, especially the ones that I had in Pho Hoa before. Same goes to the beef.

But what made it special was, the beef was cut parallel to the muscle fibres, which made the chewing of the beef much easier as it's more tender. I didn't realized it until I took a second look at the beef.

No wonder it tasted superb.

Therefore, if you're to visit Vietnam Kitchen, I highly recommend you to try out the beef soup. Not exactly sure what's the full name of the dishes are, but there's just 2 type of soup in the menu. Otherwise, if you're not eating beef, like my sis, you could go for the chicken, something with sesame seed. It's very nice.

I suppose there would be some other branches in Klang Valley as well, I'm not sure about the other branches, so I couldn't actually guarantee that the other Vietnam Kitchen in other malls would be as nice.

Bills wise, it came out to be 115 for the five dishes above. Quite filling, so I've got no complains. :P You know, I'm not the type who go for nice food of little quantity. I need my meals to be filling to be satisfied. LOL.

Anyhoo, go pay Vietnam a visit! I mean the Kitchen. :P

5 Jujus:

Anonymous said...

hmm i actually like their platter, and also the one use rice paper to wrap the dishes one (cant remember the name liao)

Reanaclaire said...

vietnam is certainly famous for their beef soup and noodles.. next time when i go 1utama, i might drop in and have a try..

[SK] said...

oooh, i was there for dinner yesterday.. order the individual set, the beef noodles was very nice!!

smallkucing said...

Wokay..thankyou thank you..will take noted what to avoid next time

William said...

Parallel to the grain? That's rare.