Monday, April 19, 2010

On Painting With Lights

Came to know about light painting from somewhere not long ago and was very keen in trying, just that all these while workloads were bugging me down and what not, until last weekend when I finally felt like doing it! It was post exam, and life seemed so much more relaxed.

First try was with the pen torch I had as I couldn't get hold of a proper torch. Besides, I thought the beam from a torch light would be finer and the effect wouldn't too thick.

But who'd have known, light painting isn't that easy after all.

First shot was to try out and break the virginity of light-painting. Only after drawing many random stuffs later that I got hold of this new interesting idea. At least for me.

Tried drawing some stars and the outcome was cool!

After a few jumping up and down, I finally thought of doing some writings. But boy, writing words and letters could be tougher than drawing!

More so when you don't even know where was the starting point of the "o" that the end point wasn't anywhere even near to the starting dot!

Finally when I've grasped the fact that I was actually playing with shutter speed, it was only then that I decided to draw on a mirror image plane. With some wrong attempt of the Chinese character of course, which didn't seemed quite right to me after I looked at the word for a few seconds. Shite! Extra line! LOLs.

But alas, with some editing, I finally managed to get the golden phrase of what people would use to present to a healer in the past.

Before calling it a night, I did a last drawing and would dearly dedicate it to all my readers out there.

Signing off from Terengganu. 2010. :-)

ps: Hopefully there wasn't any wrong words in that phrase. LOL

6 Jujus:

manglish said...

cool.........

William said...

I tried it once. Failed miserably.

Chris said...

nice wo!

blue said...

cool! kijal..isn't that where TZ was at?

smallkucing said...

when i was a kid, i used to play bunga api.

Will moved the bunga api round or in star shape very fast and it will leave a trail of light. That was fun

CH Voon said...

I like the 6th photos. The writing looks awesome and meaningful.