Tuesday, July 07, 2009

On a New Chronic Disease

Car's been acting really 'manja' lately.

The day that I got back from the trip to the East Coast, I missed the chances of going for my colleague's birthday dinner because the car's dead. Central lock was down. Once the key was poked in to start the engine, alarm went off. Took a few calls and finally figured out how to reset the alarm. Ended calling up one of the brothers to tell them I can't go... Sad.

Had the mechanic came to replace the dry battery the following day. Cost me 180 bucks. But, I had my feet back again.

But 2 weeks later when I went to Penang, I came back 3 days later to find the car dead again. Pissed me real good and called up my group members that I was stuck somewhere in KL and won't be able to make it back to the hospital in time. Thank God for the friends who were free that day that the car was finally up and running after being jump-started.

Unfortunately...

Darling dear has been having recurrences since then. Either that or he's really acting it all up to get my attention.

I cannot leave him alone for one day a.k.a. more than 24 hours without driving him out and taking him down the road, otherwise, I'll have trouble starting him up the following day. Take that huh?! Even my wife doesn't need me to have sex with her every night. And the car wants me to steer his head and step on his balls to get him up and wild every single day. As young as I am, I'm not that energetic!

So as of this moment, I'm going to call the mechanic who replaced this battery and get them to scrap off those oxidants for good. Freaking frustrating that it's acting all weird when it's a dry battery and not supposed to give you any problem.

Man... My mum's going to think I got some serious issues if I said I need to stay back during the holidays to start the engine and go out to town everyday even just for 3 minutes to make sure the battery won't die on me. Heck, I think that's the lamest excuse ever.

16 Jujus:

foongpc said...

Maybe you just need a new car ; )

the viennamese said...

Going out everyday? Sounds good to me ;)

Medie007 said...

foogpc, u wanna give me one as a gift?

Evann, yeah... sounds good huh?

Paul Figaro J said...

check the car's alternater....if you change new battery and still got the problem; root cause might be a device named alternater

A Common Singaporean said...

Yeah, get that battery replaced...

Medie007 said...

paul J, what the heck is alternater??

ACS, changed a month ago... it's a new one...

.:: Ant ::. said...

Soooooooooo like the owner! :P

+Ant+

Chris said...

Time to get a new car from ur mom. :p

savante said...

Certainly sounds problematic. Maybe trade in for a newer car?

Medie007 said...

=.=" Anton, what is that supposed to mean??

Chris, no money lar...

Savante, when i'm earning my money and not living under my parents'??

Twilight Man said...

Yeah buy a new car now! Your daddy's like a walking ATM mah... LOL Anton is so mean lah but what did he mean anyway? LOL

Medie007 said...

ATM machine??? mana ada?!

TZ said...

hehehe.... i don't mind to have a driver since you need to drive your car everyday ... blek!

Medie007 said...

TZ, berapa gaji? blek :p

A Common Singaporean said...

yeah... then u need a new RIDE dude!!

3 series beemer converter sounds cool :)

hint - massage your dad's back tonight.

Bengbeng said...

jus get a new car :) tell em u r a doctor n promise to pay when u r in private practice :)