Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On Eating Tendon

The Japanese call their rice Don.

We were at Sushi Zanmai when we flipped the menu to this page of Donburi. As ignorant as I am, I seldom do go through their explanation of what all those Japanese words mean. And it really helps that there are photos that comes with the name of the dishes. Helps a lot for people like me.

So while I was happily reading out their names which sounded so ever queer: ebidon, unadon, tekkidon, wateverdon... it became all the more surprising when there's this dish called Tendon.

Of course I know it's assorted tempura on rice, translation is just beneath.

But it didn't stop me from wondering, what would it really be like to eat tendon as what it really is. Tendon. Mmmm... Chewy....

Tendon [n]. A tough band of fibrous connective tissue that usually connects muscle to bone and is capable of withstanding tension. Tendons are similar to ligaments and fascia as they are both made of collagen except that ligaments join one bone to another bone, and fascia connect muscles to other muscles. Tendons and muscles work together and can only exert a pulling force.

13 Jujus:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Another post on Sushi Zanmai! Hmmmm

Oh there's a good place near Chinatown that serves beef noodles....plenty of tendons cooked till perfection.

+Ant+

Medie007 said...

kakakakaka

wait till i post up my next food... :p

Ivan said...

I had been to the one in China Town that sells the famous beef noodle,the small shop at the corner.However I personally feel that the taste is so so only.Sushi Zanmai is one of my fav,food is good and price is reasonable.They do have Pasta Zanmai at MV but never tried before.haha!!!ok waiting for your next makan galore posting....
Have a nice day.
Ivan

.:: Ant ::. said...

Ivan ~ fyi, there are 2 stalls there. Yup, one of them is so-so only.

V said...

no wonder u r BIG~

u eat a lot! :P

Ivan said...

Anton:Ic,where the other one ya?Haha,gonna venture for another makan trip soon.....nyway,thanks for the info.

Ivan

Danny said...

hmm.. next tim ewe can go bkt or sushi liao.. more choices now..:)

Medie007 said...

wah... my comment box turned into a food forum? LOL.

Perky said...

I've never tried Sushi Zanmai coz I'm so stuck at Sakae Sushi.

Been wanting to try Sushi Zanmai though.. but coz always got long queue to enter the outlet, I pun malas nak cuba.

Medie007 said...

donneeed cuba la... sama ajer. cheewah. hahahahah

MiChi said...

By eating tendon can build our tendon ma? I need to replace my injured tendon :( till now not yet recover... 3 months liao

Medie007 said...

michi, i dunno lar... maybe can consult dietician??

JL said...

Sushi Zanmai again? It's like the 3rd blog I hear about Sushi Zanmai. Gosh they must really thank you guys for the free promo XD