Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On the Feedback E-mail

Lappie died.

The technician confirmed with me one month ago it whas the motherboard problem when I first sent in, which well, didn't lead to any repair because I didn't want to spend another 800 in getting a new motherboard, considering this latest one barely lasted for one year before it went kapooot.

But under the encouragement of Jonzz, I finally dragged TZ together with me last week when I sent in to the headquarters of hp for service. If only I've had brought up that I still had my customer service order when I sent my lappie in last year. Heck it wasn't even 365 days that this latest motherboard was put in there replacing the old one. So both these guys were asking me to go in and ask for a compensation. At least.

So this is the quotation that I get from them.


Hi Mr Bong,

Thanks for your feedback. We would like to thank you for choosing Hewlett-Packard for your mobile computing needs.

We regret to hear that you are having some problems with your notebook. In spite of the best possible care and effort, computer components are physical pieces of equipment and may unfortunately fail. As one time goodwill gesture, we will offer discount on the systemboard to assist you which is 10% off the systemboard price of RM571, hence the total revised quote inclusive of labour is RM703.90. My colleague will sent the revised quote to you. Kindly approve asap so that we can expediate repair for you.

Please feel free to call me, should you have any further questions at 03-2332 XXXX or fax @ 03-2092 XXXX. We remain at your service.

Thanks and regards
JS

What am I supposed to do? To spend another 700 bucks for a new motherboard? Or to just get it back from them and go further into the motherboard manufacturer for default parts that barely lasted for one year?

11 Jujus:

Little Prince said...

is there a warranty?

and how did you used it? did you bring your laptop around very frequently while it's 'on', was it left on for long hours? downloaded a lot of movies etc? stored a lot of files, then deleted a lot of files etc? motherboards have a lifespan, and it depends on how frequently it's used... also, was there good ventilation for it???

those are possible reasons to why the motherboard died. and if those were the cause, then the manufacturer is not entirely at fault.

you can actually go low yatt, get the people there to do it, much cheaper, i paid rm600 plus only for my mac. pc should be cheaper.

.:: Ant ::. said...

nah....just spend RM3K on a new lappie. Good excuse leh, since it wuz not your fault! ^_^

+Ant+

Jaded Jeremy said...

Your warranty was less than a year?

Paul Figaro J said...

my previous lappie also motherboard die......i did what Prince mention lor like bring my laptop around, sometime almost on for 24 hours, etc...hahah.....no wonder lahh...my old 1 lifespan around 2 years mia.......then i got a new 1.....hp mini. Bong, get mini lah......just 1.5K mia....u seen mine b4 right?

A Common Singaporean said...

i guess u shld have warranty for that, don't you?

i wld have gotten a new board if i were u, but thats just me.

Medie007 said...

my lappie lasted less than one year lor... i used quite frequently but not on 24 hours, prolly 18 hours. and i've been using direct current instead of batteries. i dont carry my lappie around. when it's off it's ff, cuz there's no battery attached to it. i do suspect it's the ventilation problem as well, my cooler pad so freakin won't work. and before it finally died off, the lappie was really warm...

Medie007 said...

i mean the motherboard...

the viennamese said...

Ohmygonads, that's a very reasonable "goodwill gesture"...

Seriously, wtf is 10%? Even my frequent shoppers' cards give me more than 10%. Ask her if she's being intentionally dense?! Gosh, unbelievable!

TZ said...

I think you got the defect units... hmmm... just asked them to recall back the defect unit :p

Twilight Man said...

Wanna hear my advice, throw it away and buy a new one with 3 years warranty like what I did before. I abused and claimed to my heart's content.

Chris said...

If i were u, i think i will get a new one..