Thursday, September 15, 2011

On Licking the Lips

And that's what happened.

I know that I have very dry lips and the skin are chaffing once in a while. Not forgetting what happened in the blog post yesterday, I thought I could help with the lip dryness by licking them.... I stick my tongue out and tried to keep the lips red and moist a lot. For a while it did looked as though I have some syndrome...

But guess what, according to some website...

In most cases, cracked lips are not caused by a serious condition and do not pose any health risks. Common causes of cracked lips include dry or cold weather, sunburn, wind exposure, licking your lips, and breathing through your mouth. In some cases, mild conditions such as the common cold, dehydration, and nutritional deficiencies may also result in cracked lips.
Did you even know that? I never knew...

Perhaps the contents in the saliva? Hmmm...

4 Jujus:

TZ said...

Use vaseline to moist your lips... Don't know whether kissing will help or not?

Small Kucing said...

what about cracked heels? Friend got very badly cracked heels. Any super fast remedy?

Gratitude said...

Lick too much in our presence and we'll call you "how kung"!
+Ant+

[SK] said...

yeah, it's a myth you can moisture your lips with your saliva but then it's actually worse.. use lipbalm and everything's solved~~