Saturday, May 28, 2011

On the Tao Massacre

Finally headed to Tao Restaurant last month nearing to my birthday. Made some reservations which was again, postponed due to insufficient tables. SOmetimes I really wonder why would they even want to accept a reservations made for a certain time if they couldn't deliver? But alas, after half an hour wait, we were finally led to our table, with a grumpy me of course.

And what else, I attacked their sashimi counter non-stop. At least a dozen of the oysters, and a handful of the fresh salmons and tuna.

Tried most of their sushis, albeit just a couple at most, except for salmon's.

And ordered their famous scallop something with cheese and some spicy stuff... It was okay. But I just had one plate.

As well as their abalone. Which was... well... I thought most probably can-origin...

But anyways... overall I kinda like this place. Nice ambience with fresh raw stuff. If I were to visit again, I think I'll probably be eating the same stuff again too...

By the way, love their Japanese mochi. And they have quite thick chocolate for their chocolate fountain. Found it very difficult to chew on them frozen chocolate after I topped some on my ice-cream...

So... Tao anyone?

5 Jujus:

Robinn T said...

but mochi's still the best in jogoya! the cheese scallop was okay for a plate, but it gets really yucky in the second serving. overall okay, but they oyster definitely not good enough. did you try their teppanyaki? OMG the Salmon is god-like man! next time ajak la

Small Kucing said...

nope...not really into Japanese food

Reanaclaire said...

dont let my girl see this.. hahaha... she will drool..

Twilight Man said...

I never tried all these places including Jogoya! Outa my budget lo...

Danny said...

i dun mind trying this restaurant co i love jap food as well.. ini mana? is it near giza?