Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On Receiving the Cheque

Got a letter the other day. Actually had no idea what it was. Opened it to see some Standard Chartered bank logo and all, and it looked like some sort of bill or something...

And then only I saw this.

Whoa! So the organizers of Energizer Night Race were really serious in refunding! Bravo! Though, when I checked back the blog post I made earlier, I actually paid 65 because of the late registration. Then again, it was over and Energizer had since taken over the job from the organizer (Expose.com) and do all the refunds and goodies bags sending.

That night, asked a friend how should I deal with the cheque.

Friend: Go and deposit it into your account.

Me: But I don't have an account in Standard Chartered.


Friend: No need, just whatever bank you want to.


Me: Cannot cash out?


Friend: *choke* It's only 50 bucks. Nobody ever cash out such small amount...



LOL. Seriously, I don't know! LOL.

8 Jujus:

Small Kucing said...

Good of them . At least not empty promises

Robinn T said...

funnyness. I CASH OUT OKAY.

LittleLamb said...

any bank that u hv a/c with.

JN said...

must be orang kaya, never deal with cheque before. :x

Gratitude said...

Half past six advise?
Why didn't you ask your ex-banker friend? :P
+Ant+

cpl said...

more like nobody cash out LARGE amount what...

Danny said...

yaaay .. RM50 richer.. :))

[SK] said...

haiyoh, you don't need the same bank to bank-in the cheque lah, just dump it into your own account.. i don't think they allow you to cash out, most probably the cheque is crossed..