Thursday, April 28, 2011

On the Impulsivity

2 weeks of staying at home and not having any direction was quite a torture, more so when the feelings was not euphoric and was misery. Since the career progression was stalled, I finally acted on impulsivity.

Went to the Malaysian Olympic Council building in downtown one day, and registered for the biggest running event in the Klang Valley - the Standard Chartered KL Marathon. Was contemplating which category, last year I did 10km; was hoping for some improvement this year, but I didn't think I was ready for a full Marathon just yet.

Since it was also the headquarters for some athletic association or something, I was also called to register for the NTV7 Feel Good Run. On top of registering for myself, I even forced my friend and my sister to participate together. It was not a big scale event, I think; more of like a get together and have fun kind of event. I registered for the longest route, 7km; while I got Sis into the 3km category.

The next day, I headed out to a New Balance store in a mall, and filled out 2 more forms for a 10km and a 12km run in Klang.

Now that my running calendar has been extended into the month of July, I'm looking forward for more in the few months to follow.

WTH right? I'm still stuck in Klang Valley anyways, not like I'll be moving anytime soon...

6 Jujus:

Robinn T said...

OMGOURD Tak ajak!!!!

Medie007 said...

now mar ajak d lor... told u where and what i'm running in...

Robinn T said...

but have to like find those outlets and register leh... walau will die finding them XD plus no cash in hand now, want to register for std chartered so long also havent register yet siot.

Medie007 said...

easy to find, the run in klang, go to any new balance outlet. others can head over to the olympic council malaysia off jalan hang tuah for manual registration.

ask money from ur mama. ;)

[SK] said...

well i think that is a good impulse.. hmmm, meaning this year you are gonna hit the 100km mark?? :)

doc said...

be careful you don't run yourself to the ground - you still got an important mission to complete!