Sunday, February 06, 2011

On the Liqueur Emergency

Of my hard liqueur and wine... TWO years back. So naturally, two years later you'd expect more. Indeed, there are more wines the last time I went into the store room. This year someone gave us a bottle of Martell VSOP too.

So the urge to open one of them bottle came up a few days before the Chinese New Year. Mum and Dad wanted the regular supper when we're back from KL; red wine and nuts. I on the other hand, went into the store room for the hard liqueur. "We've got enough liqueur for your 81st birthday, and yours, and sis's and mine's and our marriages, and still got extra. So one bottle is no harm."

It is after all, a 5 year old Sheridan's Layered Coffee Liqueur. Bought 5 year ago at the duty free island of Labuan.

Excitedly, the cap was opened. Too simple in fact, for a hard liqueur. I'd have thought there'd be some seal or something, rather than just a sticker.

And then... we studied the instructions on how to pour the thing. Tilt the glass a bit...

And then... finally... How come only the black one coming out? And the white one doesn't?

Went online to search for the possibility of a clogged nozzle for the white half of the beverage. Zilch. Searched for the possibility of the white liqueur hardening. Zilch. Searched for the possibility of the white liqueur being expired. Zilch too.

Why on earth wouldn't the cream flow as demonstrated in the youtube video then? How? How? How?? Was frantically asking around for people who actually has Sheridan, which was sort of an effort in vain at that moment.

After much poking and shaking, I finally settled with just the chocolate coff ee portion. Forget about the cream, I could do coffee alcohol just as it is.

I thought.

But it was actually too sweet for my liking. Far much sweeter than Starbucks. If we don't take into account the alcohol content. Hmmm... Didn't quite like it. How? How? How? Shelf life of just 6 months!

And I can't possibly bring it to KL. Mum and Dad don't drink hard liqueur.

I suppose the relatives wouldn't mind drinking coffee alcohol after the reunion dinner... *pretending I didn't force them to help me finish it*. LOL.

3 Jujus:

TZ said...

I can help you to finished :p

suituapui said...

Nice...very nice. Had this twice already - bought from the duty-free shop at KK airport but now they do not allow those on domestic flights to buy anymore - very strict, unlike last time.

joshua said...

can give it all to me! booze is an awesome company for me to revise to!