Saturday, February 05, 2011

On the CNY Deco

As the CNY drew near, decorations such as lanterns and banners and Chinese knots were seen hanging around malls and shops for the customers. It's been sort of like, a tradition for those celebrating the major celebration to decorate their house. How it came about, I have no idea. But we've been doing lots of decoration since I was young. So, only with these familiar red decorations that, the feelings of CNY would come about.

Since we moved into the new place in PJ, the parents had come over a few times in the last year. But it's CNY you see, it's only natural that we all go back to our hometown. So this year, we were home early before the reunion dinner. A few days early that was. And that means, we have to come back from our hometown earlier too.

As I was walking about in the mall nicely decorated with all sorts of CNY decoration, I came about Living Cabin which set up a stall in the court of one of the malls. Lanterns of different sizes, banners and such were on sale. Perhaps it was drawing near to the festive season.

For this one reason that I just wanted to feel it again, I thought I would just get something simple for the new place. You know, it's like, being away without the parents, and you come home in the evening feeling like you're all alone in a strange place... And when you thought you'd just put up some decoration, it sort of made a difference that, well, at least you feel alive in some ways.

So I pasted the decoration on the door. Simple one. But I felt heaps of joy. For some odd reason, I feel home again...

-Together now... *Awwwww* LOL.

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

4 Jujus:

[SK] said...

i would have thot young guys like you would have chosen something less traditional.. but this one looks like a marriage deco to me, hahahaha~~ :D

Danny said...

how come the renda kat pintu like bilik pengantin one? lol ;p

Reanaclaire said...

Yes, decorations play a big part in creating an atmosphere..

Bengbeng said...

SK, perhaps courtship is in the air and the deco is an unconscious manifestation ;)