Wednesday, February 06, 2008

About the Bottles of Liqueur and Wine and Juice

It all started with two bottles of Martini V.S.O.P. when we first did our family trip up to Brunei in 1996. Dad got itchy and bought two bottles at the custom duty free shops. They still are being displayed at the 'antique cabinet' in the living room along with the other memorablias. Apparently Dad said we will only open them when we kids get married. *OMG*

Later on, we had a visit to Langkawi in 1999, and Dad got another bottle of Martini. After that, 2 years ago, when Mum and Dad took me to study in Labuan, they got themselves 2 bottles of liqueur again, Swing and Cognac V.S.O.P.. And when I came back from the island for CNY, I bought home a bottle of DOM for Mum. *LOL*

The last one I bought before leaving the island altogether, would be Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur. I bought that because, I think the color and the bottle is beautiful. Dad was grumbling I get that instead of another V.S.O.P. thingy. Honestly, I still have no idea what V.S.O.P. is, too lazy to even go and find out.

And so, we stopped getting alcohol. We have enough to last us a lifetime, considering none of us drink. No seriously, I don't drink! *LMAO* Well, the main reason would be of course, we couldn't get our hands on cheap liqueur.

So our taste of alcohol changes to something lighter. Wine. It all started with the promotion from Eu Yan Sang. Dad bought 4 bottles of Lucas red wine. We never did get to finish even one bottle. Before we know it, with dad settled at his new job back in the city, we received hampers during CNY. For the past 3 years, we received more than 5 bottles of wines from the hampers. And for being non drinkers, they're all stocked up in the store room. This year alone we received 2 bottles of wines that comes along packed nicely with a glass each.

Yes, for not having anyone in the house who drinks, our alcohols or any of those beverages that comes in glass bottles, are either displayed in the 'antique cabinets' or nicely stored away in the store room.

Instead, we find ourselves drinking to the 4 bottles of juices deliberately before the CNY holiday ends. They were from the hampers dad received. And Mum said they won't be drinking after we left for KL anyway. So we might as well finish them up. Besides, we looked cool shaking those wine-like beverages in those crystal glasses. *LMAO*

Honestly, I can't wait to get my hands on the Sheridan's. *sniggering* And since marriage isn't in the picture anytime soon, I suppose all those V.S.O.P.s are going to be on display for quite a long time to come.

7 Jujus:

Janvier said...

HOW CAN YOU JUST LEAVE ALL THAT ALCOHOL ALONE!!! BRING THEM TO US!!!

savante said...

GIVE ME GIVE ME!

Anonymous said...

I tried the coffee alchohol thing once, and I like it.

Medie007 said...

janvier and savante... like hmm... i can guess what you two alcaholics... are u guys going to pay for the duty at the airport for me then? LOL

passerby, really?! oooo my my, i'm soooo gonna open the Sheridan's! Yippeee

Cyclohelix said...

LOL, pass some to me :P

Medie007 said...

lol... yea yea... all you peeps ever wanted. pffft :P :P :P

Anonymous said...

Did you know you can get a case of six bottles delivered to anywhere in the United States from a company in the United Kingdom? We've ordered twice from there now, and they are so quick - only took four days! Check them out! They're here - http://www.tipsygifts.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=9999