Thursday, February 07, 2008

About One of The Reasons I Heart My Home

I love. I love. I love. I love my hometown. Very very very much.

Now, before I go any further, all the pictures shown in this post were genuinely taken by myself, and I do not copy it off the net. You may be doubtful about it, but I'm pretty sure you will believe me in the end.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Last year we came back from reunion dinner at gram's to catch the fireworks in our neighbourhood. I still have the piccies in the hardrive alright.

sorry about the white borders, didn't noticed it when I did the editing



Sure enough, it's not synchronized. Nothing grand as that in Ikano. The musical fireworks during the Merdeka celebration was awesome. And it lasted for over 10 minutes if I'm not mistaken. Bravo really... Bravo... And yea, I'm pretty sure the bloggers who were in the blogosphere long enough knew who was behind the show.



A couple of months later, I went to Ikano again. The new year 2008 celebration. My hands nearly broke trying to get a good firework shot. Do remind me to bring my tripod along next time there's firework shows. *LOL* I don't care if my camera is just a compact, I just love those explosions flowery light.





Last night, we came back from the reunion dinner from gram's at 10p.m.. Dad didn't want to stay any longer, he was losing money to one of the elder cousins. Siblings and I were just lazy-ing around in the house, while Mum was gossipping with all the other aunties. So, it wasn't surprising that we left earlier. After all, the uncle and his family who live outskirts left early too. And one of the cousins left because the baby couldn't take the noise. Grandma slept early while grandpa was just walking around tiredly as well.

We were watching the new year shows on tv while anticipating for the new year. Sure enough, the neighbours started playing crackers and bombs since 11p.m., but we didn't go up to the balcony before midnight. It has pretty much became our habits to catch the show during CNY eve from our balcony every year. So, lo and behold, I present you the piccies. Lucky me I brought my tripod back. *sniggering*



Seriously, I shouldn't post this post. If any of them in the forces seen this, next year round we wouldn't be able to watch the show. The sky would be as dark and as quiet as Subang Jaya. And all we could do was to watch tv and having Nightline@TV3 telling us it just struck twelve. Seriously, you readers out there wouldn't want us to lose our CNY atmosphere right? You might be jealous, but hey, I did show you how noisy and cheery it is in some part of this country, riiiight? So, keep it low, hush... And enjoy the celebration. *LOL*

Truthfully... As a matter of fact, the entire city was lighted up with the fireworks. We're considering of getting to the top of the tallest building in the city next year to get a glimpse of the whole city showered by the lights of the jolly flowers. How absurd! I know! But what can I say?

I love I love I love I love my hometown! *cheshire cat smiley*

4 Jujus:

Cyclohelix said...

hehe, last night was awesome, so much fiery works :) Gong Xi Fa Chai!!!

Medie007 said...

oo haha... cyclo, u watched as well! :P :P :P :P

Zyklon22 said...

I heard that that this year the government okayed the used of fire crackers to usher in the new year. As you know the elections are coming.

Medie007 said...

there's the new ban after they okayed it wat. u know lar... these people cannot hold on to their words one...