Monday, November 01, 2010

On the Run4it 2010 Run

I was determined to have some medal around my neck you see, after the disastrous event in UPM 2 weeks back. LOL. And I thought this one organized by the Klang Pacesetters Athletic Club was just something that could keep me going. In this new hobby of mine I mean.

So in order to be there in time, rather than waking up early and travel all the way to Klang as early as 4am, I decided to head down one day earlier with a few blogger friends with other plans. But as far as the run was concerned, I stayed overnight at a friend's house. Woke up at 530am, and reached the stadium at 615am.

As we flagged off at 645am, the men started running, and the first challenge facing us was the uphill run in front of the new palace. But I suppose it didn't worn me out as much, probably because it was just the starting of the run. As we went downhill, I took the opportunity to speed faster. With my momentum, I managed to overtook some runners ahead of me.

Then again, the next 11km, my pace slowed down to about 7.5kmph to 8kmph. It was a long run. 12km, wasn't as short as I thought it was. Apparently, my phone slipped out of my pocket at about 2km into the run, and was opened up, battery and the body torn apart. Luckily though, it was still functioning, with additional scars and scratches now.

We passed by the Klang General Hospital, turned into some residential area, where I was so ever relieved to see the 6km mark; and then turn into the main road of Sentosa, before finally turning into Kampung Jawa. The last 3.5km, was the toughest. Perhaps I haven't been running much for the past one week, I thought I must've gone slower than I usually could. It was already one hour into the running event when I crossed the 8.5km mark.

Alas, as the signs of the distance became more frequent, i.e. "2km to go" and "1km to go"; I was so relieved to see the stadium in sight. I kept up with the speed of 8kmph, and finally turned into the stadium to see many other men had completed their runs. I guess I wasn't that fit after all. Klang runners are indeed very fast, I mean, well, honestly, I haven't come across any of those runners along my run who stopped down to walk. I was all the while, overtook by other runners. LOL.

I managed to complete my run in 1:26:06. Ugh. But at least, I was beaming in joy for the rest of the day. Because I've finally added another medal to my collection! Wee!~

9 Jujus:

smallkucing said...

Congratulation! Got medal. :D

TZ said...

Hehehe... The picture turn out nice :-)

Twilight Man said...

I could visualise your face coz I saw you ran once! You were deadly sheet pale and gasping for air like a mad horse arriving home from battlefield faraway Mongolia! LMAO!!!

Well done! Well done!

[SK] said...

wow, cool!! so you've got something to put around your neck already.. :D

Danny said...

congrats... what a healthy hobby ;p

stadium sultan sulaiman rite? so miss it..
we had our sports day there in secondary school.;p

Reanaclaire said...

wow.. the medal looks very classy leh..

Twilight Man said...

Aha~!! Who was your photographer???

Gratitude said...

Eeeecks I saw lotsa spirits running
+Ant+

CH Voon said...

No bad, you able to obtain one more medal.

congratz to you.