Sunday, October 31, 2010

On Chasing Cars

Some songs leave very deep impression, so much so that whenever you listen to the song again, you actually remembered what happened the first time you heard the song. At least that was what happened to me.

Not a proud thing to say, but I actually listen to Snow Patrol's Chasing Car whenever I need to let go and cry, especially when things just didn't go my way, when things got so bad they just never seemed to be able to be corrected. The first time I heard the song, was when I was following the medical drama series Grey's Anatomy, when one of the main character's lover died, and she just lied on the bathroom floor. Following that, everytime I felt down, I'd just drive aimlessly playing the song over and over again.

Emo much? LOL.

So guess what I found on the video's youtube page? Apparently I'm not the only one who thought so.

"my favourite song in the world. want it as my first dance at my wedding and the first song at my funeral. this song means the world to me and is the best song to remeber my nan who will always be remembered and cherished in my heart. love you nan R.I.P"

"i sang this song last october to my husband the nite before he died, at the end he grabbed my hand and cried, he said remember these songs and their meaning to help me get through this, it helps, i still cry, but i remember he said even if idon't hear his voice, he would be with me, there are so many stories of what these songs mean to me"

So I suppose, sometimes simple lyrics could turn out to be very powerful to some.

All that I am,
all that I ever was,
is here in your perfect eyes.
They're all I can see..


Now if you'll excuse me, I need some tissue...

4 Jujus:

Reanaclaire said...

The sorrow is shown on the lady's face.. no wonder u need tissues.. i don't want to watch la.. teary movies made me sad..

savante said...

Tearful songs are okay but you should have more songs that make you stand up and persevere.

[SK] said...

oh yeah, i love this song.. heard that from a friend in the karaoke for the 1st time and love that song since then~~

Twilight Man said...

Awww booo hooo hooo! Such sad songs, no more please!