Monday, November 29, 2010

On THE Interview

There comes a time when all of us have to attend the interview to work with the government. And mine, it took place more than 3 weeks back. LOL.

I have yet to hear any of our seniors who didn't pass the interview. I suppose it was just a formality. And yet most of us were quite nervous about the Ministry of Health, that we went online looking for the health Directors and what nots.

We arrived in the interview centre right before 8. But I didn't have my birth cert with me! Neither do I have all my original SPM certificate! But thank goodness though, my photocopy was certified by my teacher before I came over to the university. LOL. The officer who helped us with registration asked how come I didn't have all those original stuff with me.

On the day of the interview, as it drew nearer and nearer to my turn, I suddenly felt the palpitation despite I've been telling myself over and over again it was just an interview. Those who came out earlier even said it was nothing.

When it was finally my turn, I went into the interviewing room to meet just one officer. He asked if I wanted the interview to be conducted in Malay or English. And throughout the interview, I was surprised that we spoke English only when the ones before me were asked to speak in both languages.

The questions asked were very open ended. What should we do about this; what's my opinion about that; what do I think should be done; and so forth. I thought my session ended pretty fast. I came out in about 15 minutes.

I suppose I was lucky then. There was an interviewer who was also a medical doctor, asking my colleagues about the management of some clinical scenarios; dengue, water-borne diseases and so forth. LOL.

All in all, I have pretty good feeling about this interview. Thought I'll only know about the results next year. Shall have some fun after my exams. Perhaps taking some time off?

6 Jujus:

Twilight Man said...

I am always confident that you will make it and do well..!!!!

Reanaclaire said...

Government is the one who is losing if they dont employ you ! :)

William said...

It's possible to fail this interview? What happens then?

Danny said...

huh? interview now and wait till next year? so long one?

gd luck :)

doc said...

is this the govt's new way to reduce the housemen glut? by retrenching a few??

;)

Vincent~ said...

i went to a scholarship interview too... very useless.... mostly is about formality purposes.... but because it is just for fun, the interviewer is very harsh and rude.... one of them even throw a bundle of money on the table and ask my friend, you say you want to become a doc and you don want this? stupid! i was like, huh? -__-"