Sunday, November 28, 2010

On the CICM Responsible Care Run 2010

Just when I thought I was gonna end my running for the year, I actually almost forgot I registered for this run today. It was the CICM Responsible Care run, from the website of Chemical Industries Council of Malaysia (CICM), "The objective of the run is to promote greater awareness to the stakeholders, in particular the general public on the chemical industry's voluntary initiative to continuously improve its safety, health and environmental performance through the Responsible Care Programme." Not that I actually know anything about it though. LOL. I just thought the medal looked nice when I registered earlier.

So I arrived in the National Sports Complex at 630am, when a lot of the runners were already present. Changed into my shoes, and started walking around. It wasn't a major running event I suppose, roughly about 5k to 6k runners perhaps(?) which also include the school students category.

Since I was there alone this time, I joined in the warm up session. I mean, well... I'm sorta self conscious most of the time (which is not a good thing I suppose?), but I thought what the heck, I didn't want to have any lactic acid accumulation in my legs after the run, which was why I actually warmed up together with the crowd. Some kids standing next to me was like, laughing when we were asked to do some moves. Annoying bunch. Eeeww..

Flag off was at 7.30am, thought it would be nicer earlier. Not that I was complaining, the heat didn't come until way after 9 or so. It was a hilly run, somewhat. We ran up the ranch, and down to the highway, and turned into the Bukit Jalil bus station, which was a difficult climb... Crossed the traffic lights junction, where all the cars that was halted for the run started getting cranky and honked angrily. Thought it was funny somewhat. Wondered if any of you readers were there at 8-ish? LOL. Then the route skewed into some residential area, and finally came out from the road from Puchong/Kinrara.

It was a tough run. I think. Maybe because I didn't train for it, especially after the half marathon last weekend. But I was quite pleased to reach 5km at 30 minutes. It was only in the second half of the run when I started losing my energy. My paced slowed down, and so it took me about 35 minutes to reach the finishing line, clocking 1 hour 5 minutes for the 10km route. But well... the actual distance was just 9.6km. LOL.

The photograph certificate, as we were told, would be sent to our home after 3 weeks (or was it months?). From what I understand, they're gonna print a photo of US as the background of the certificate; which was why, we were asked to lift up our hands when we reach the finishing line: 1) to show this victory pose, 2) so that our numbers could be seen. Now now... I don't really think I'd like this certificate, what's more with me and my belly and love handles, and all sweaty with the running jersey sticking to my body, showing the 'sexy' contours... Eeeeww... Can't imagine. LOLs.

Nevertheless, as the qualifying time was 1 hour 45 minutes for the 10km route, I suppose almost all the runners got their share of the medal. It was really nice, pewter according to the pamphlet. Not sure how true it is. But it came in a special box. So I suppose it probably wasn't that cheap either.

Now that's over, I think I'll need to train for the upcoming Malakoff 12km run in 3 weeks time. Up the Bukit Damansara hill route some more! And I need to finish it within 1 hour 35 minutes to be qualified for the medal; which I think would be a tough job for me... Bleh. :P

6 Jujus:

TZ said...

Now now... I don't really think I'd like this certificate, what's more with me and my belly and love handles, and all sweaty with the running jersey sticking to my body, showing the 'sexy' contours... Eeeeww... Can't imagine. LOLs.

I could imagine... btw, what color is the jersey? White?

Reanaclaire said...

wow..u r very active!! from Penang Bridge to this one.. great! keep healthy...

William said...

All that running should have helped you smooth those contours!

Mom Daughter Style said...

interesting pictures

Anonymous said...

The route was changed and it was approximately 10.6KM.

Twilight Man said...

You just ran last weekend and still need to train meh??? You need a showcase soon to display so many medals you collected. Can melt them all and make a beer mug!! Ha ha ha!