Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On the Begger's Chicken

I'm not sure if you've heard about the Begger's Chicken in Jugra? The shop is literally at the foot of the Jugra Hill I blogged about on Sunday. By now I'm sure there were other bloggers who blogged about this place, especially since there was a bunch who went a few Saturdays ago. But prior to their posts, I've already been there. *cheeeh* :P

I went with my colleagues right before we left Banting. Ordered a Begger's Chicken the day before. Friend was frustrated with how the owner arrogantly shot down that 6 of us won't have enough of a chicken. But being the more experienced one among all of us, she told her back that we've been there so we know the portion. LOL.

But honestly, if you are into herbs and all, Begger's Chicken is definitely a must try. Otherwise you might not really find anything special about the chicken. It is after all, herbal chicken cooked over night in some soil or something.

The second time I went, was with the bunch of bloggers. I placed the order during my first visit with my friends. One chicken, one pork. The rest we ordered upon our arrival. To my surprise, the owner actually called up the night before to confirm our coming to the shop. Wouldn't blame them, they've been making business as per order.

I personally did not encounter any rudeness from the owner, as how my friend claimed. I thought they were just being straight forward. Although I have to agree they might need to change their tone.

But otherwise, personality aside, I highly recommend the dishes in this shop.

Price wise. Well... Let's just say good food has its price. LOL.

6 Jujus:

Small Kucing said...

drooling :D

Reanaclaire said...

wahh..the monster fish looks so fierce one!!

Gratitude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gratitude said...

I'll be revisiting real soon again! ;)
+Ant+

[SK] said...

i think many became very arrogant after their food become famous.. i really hate those attitude..

Naomi said...

looks yummy.

Arrogant because earn too much.