Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On the End of Gross Photography

A lot of my friends complained that Medielicious is too disgusting sometimes, especially when there are photos of wounds or ulcers or really gross deformities, that these pictures just make them lose their appetite so to speak.

I'm really sorry if you started puking looking at those pictures, the mischievous part of me just thought it's fun sometimes, especially when it's not something normal that you usually would encounter like myself.

But I'd have thought, it's also a sharing process. When I share them with you, at least you know it's something abnormal. Especially when I write about some diseases that could present in our daily lives. So in another words, it's also a learning process for you, no?

Few weeks back, I snapped a photo of a newspaper cutting.

Apparently, one of the such patients, who had their photos taken by her attending doctor, decided to sue the clinic as well as the doctor for taking her photos. Despite the explanation given by the doctor that it was for education purposes, in terms of helping him explaining to the other patients, the patient insisted on filing a court case. On top of that, the photo taken didn't even show any face in it! It could have been anyone's arse! But nooooo... The patient felt so violated and so angry that the doctor had to face the medical council in the end.

So.

For safety sake, even though all the photos of wounds that I've taken before from the ward were took after consent from the patients, I shall stop... erm... blogging. I'm utterly saddened. If I can't scare you with these gory pictures, then I don't see any more purpose of me continuing this blog. T.T

*All dramatic wails*

Just kidding.

I'll still get you some blood-shed pictures from the net, as how I usually do. Have a good weekend!



ps: This is a picture of anal warts. It is a highly contagious sexually transmitted disease caused by some sub-types of human papillomavirus (HPV). It is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner. For more information, read here.

3 Jujus:

doc said...

you shouldn't need to apologise for posting those so-called gross images, because your intention is to share & not to scare.

sometimes, the difficult learning part is the one we remember most.

Twilight Man said...

No worries ~ the more gory is the better! This latest wart photo looks like burnt roti canai.... No?

Naomi said...

oh my.. I was enjoying my neslo when w the photo.... Now, how am I going to finish my drink?~~~~