Saturday, July 10, 2010

On the Pangkor Trip

Shame on me. I've never been to any islands on my own having staying in the west Malaysia for 4 years. Nope, Penang doesn't count though. LOL. So was planning to head over to Pangkor one weekend and was talking about it to the group members.

Friend: Pangkor nothing to do one wor. So boring.

Me: Really meh? Sure got something to do one lar.

Friend: Don't believe me later then you know.

Picture
So I went on anyways for the weekend. Arrived on the island late in the afternoon, and headed to the hotel for checking in. By then it was near nightfall, so we just strolled along the Bogak Beach. Packed with kids so to speak. Lots of water sports activities going on too.
Picture
That aside, other than not wanting to spend on those water sports, we walked around and found that there really isn't much thing to do on the island! What a bummer.
Picture
The next day, we went downtown. Pangkor down town that was. 2 rows of shops, looked half dead to me. Lots of souvenir shops selling uncomfortable t-shirts bearing the words "I love Pangkor" which wasn't really my cup of tea.

Picture
Headed to the dutch fort as well. Pretty small place. Very crowded as well. And it seemed that the villagers are all staying just next to a historical site!

Finally, bought some snacks and a fridge magnet and that's about it.

The whole afternoon, there was nothing to do. Like, nothing.

Should've brought along my laptop at least. Onlining on Pangkor island! LOL.
Picture
But having said that, the island was quite a beautiful place. Didn't know the water would be so clean, considering the ones I saw in Penang was... erm... dreadful. And aren't they all located on the straits of Malacca? LOL.

Picture
So I deduced, it would've been nice if it was a group trip with crazy friends. LOL.

Back to that friend the following week, I got that "I-toldja-answer". -.-"

1 Jujus:

passerby said...

"And aren't they all located on the straits of Malacca? LOL."

ya lo hor....

hmm....