Friday, July 09, 2010

On Being the Grumpy


Admittedly, I'm not a morning person. I'm nocturnal. So I don't usually find myself "rise and shine" or whatever, more likely "rise and shite". That being said, I get really annoyed sometimes too, especially when the family members were asking me petty questions.

For instance. Mum texted "Wake up already? Can call?" And I knew straight away she was going to ask about my upcoming road trip, and there'd be a long-winded story about driving safe.

Or when Sis asked me, "Will you come back tonight?" Like, seriously, I'm old enough to move in and out! I don't need people to check on me!

So yeah, it gets pretty ugly sometimes, especially when I got so grumpy, I'd just give a one-w0rd answer. Very short. Very dull.

And more often than not, Mum would start to wonder what's gotten into me, and question even more. She'd ask sis if I'm okay, she'd start to ask sis to get to me what's bothering me. Or even worse, she'd start to wonder if she's bothering me too much that I'm angry at her.

Like, hello. Of course! I wasn't angry, I'm just not in the mood to talk right now. That's all. Come talk to me when the sun is high.

So yeah. When I have to wake up early in the morning out of obligation, emphasizing "O.BLI.GA.TION", there's no way I'm gonna be chitty-chatty. Nope. Na-ah. I want to sleep...

5 Jujus:

William said...

As much as sometimes wanna be snap-ish, I almost immediately regret it when I speak like that to my mother. Can never feel good about it.

[SK] said...

but i guess you should notify your family whether you are going back home or not.. it's not about getting to know your activity, but more on your safety..

savante said...

from now on you gotta wake up early :)For work, i mean.

Gratitude said...

pouty! :P
+Ant+

TZ said...

Grumpy old medie007... hahaha :p