Thursday, June 17, 2010

On the Natives

Suppose it's only natural that the non-natives in the country vent out their unsatisfactory feelings about how the country's being run, but there's nothing much we could do about it. So we were saying it could've been okay for me to apply for the public scholarships years ago if I were brave enough to tick the box of 'native' instead of 'Chinese', considering I was from the Land of Borneo when everyone there back then were considered natives.



Mum:
But you're not!


Me: It was okay back then!

Mum: It would be if you're mixed. Like those nowadays, if one of their parents are natives, they are considered natives.

Me: Okay. Then I'll just assume you're native lor.

Mum: HEY! I'm PURE Chinese!

Me: Or maybe you're the mix. Then I can also consider myself a mix because I've still got that LITTLE TINY bit of native blood in me.

Mum: What bull!

Me: But I don't look Chinese what. I could pass the lie.

Mum: What do you mean you're not? You are also a pure Chinese.

Me: But I was told many times I don't look like one.

Mum: Fine that one I agree.

LOL

Then again, I really do wonder, if the mentality of such we Chinese and you natives still persists in the country, would you expect the 1Malaysia concept to be ever be successful?

6 Jujus:

Gratitude said...

You're 100& chinese, coz you're slant eyed! wakakakaka
+Ant+

Danny said...

dengar dengar aje lah..
i oso mix maaa... vogue mix smart ;p

William said...

Yes, I feel that you have a unique look.

Janvier said...

Cos...
Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes
Doesn't mean we go around committing hate crimes!

[SK] said...

1-Malaysia is just like another Wawasan 2020, just another political "slogan" and nothing else.. two years down the road, they'll be totally forgotten and everything back to square one..

Twilight Man said...

You look like a reincarnation of a Chinese empress! Pretty man in this life!