Monday, April 26, 2010

On the Regularity of TGiF

When I chose TGiF in the Curve as the venue for a friend's surprise birthday party, it was because I guessed most of those who came to the surprise party, or dinner more like it, were not actually crazy party kinda people. And I know that the restaurant got their staffs to shout and sing crazily for the birthday boy too. But who'd have known, the group members held a lunch gathering in the same restaurant franchise in The Gardens last Friday.
Picture
Rest assured, it wasn't exactly a good feeling up there in the spotlight.

I really don't know how to sing! And I don't dance in front of so many people! And even if I do sing along the radio while I'm driving, I definitely go out of sync when it was without music. Even that, my tune were all haywire when I sang at the karaoke.
Picture
So I just stood there and smile sheepishly, repeatingly said, I don't sing!

And at one point, if I really ran out of patience, I thought I'd actually just told them off, "Give me that damn piece of cake already!"

Really. LOL. Maybe because I am pretty self conscious.

Like...

What would they think of me?

I'm really ugly on video alright!

What would the other customer talk about after I sang?

Would whatever happened in the restaurant be heard off by other people, especially when I danced like crazy, IF I every comply to their games?

But then again, I really need to thank the group members for wanting to go outing that day despite we had a minor examination paper practice in the afternoon, not forgetting we had the most fun moment in the psychiatric ward that morning.
Picture
So yeah... my groupmates complained I wasn't sporting at all. LOL.
Picture
And yeah, they were already laughing looking at the video of me smiling sheepishly standing there like an idiot. Blergh.

7 Jujus:

Danny said...

seems that u had quite some celebrationssss on ur birthday worr..
bet u had fun :)

btw, i hate standing on the chair n sing in public thing.. so the tak vogue ;p

smallkucing said...

TGIF memang like that one mah :p

Anonymous said...

hahaaa im more shy and self-conscious than u :P

Gratitude said...

Wooooooo a sheep that is ripe and ready for the slaughterhouse. wakakaka
+Ant+

carpe diem said...

That's why I make sure no one takes me to TGIF the week prior to my birthday.

TZ said...

Dude, now you know how i felt while standing on the chair holding the so called "Mic" a.k.a Ketch-up bottle and trying to sing... :p

So did you sing?

manglish said...

ehhh is ur birthday celebration a fucking month long? HAHAAHAAHAHAAAAHAHAH.......can show us the video ar? JUST FOR LAUGH!!!!