Sunday, April 25, 2010

On Being Souled Out

So TZ tried to cheat me saying none of the other bloggers were going to make it to the dinner, and kept on repeating, tapping on his mantle wondering how come +Anton+ wasn't free this weekend to make it for my birthday dinner celebration. But I put on a poker face, it's fine, if the other people have business to do, it's not like I could force them to come either. So everything was fine until I was brought to this place in Mont Kiara called Souled Out.

First look from the outside was, pretty impressive.

But upon walking into the premises, it gave me a feeling of those big scaled mamak restaurant, only with a covered roof decorated with LEDs and cloths. Mainly because, I guessed I was expecting it to be something more classy. It was, after all, an establised restaurant, no?

It was only when I followed him up the stairs and walked through those tables on the first floor that I noticed, that the restaurant do have some ambience. So I took back my bad first impression. And that was only in addition to me seeing the familiar faces seated.

I'm not a drama student, I can't act all dramatic and all, but boy, I was very happy that it wasn't that all a quiet celebration.

I mean, fine, I still do wish to have some close friends around despite my previous blog entry about not that all keen in party and all. But still, it's nice to have good friends around, no?



Food in Souled Out was pretty nice, I had Sirloin steak, very nicely done. Some of the others complimented the salmon dish as well. The only thing I wanted to touch on, was probably that the dishes were a bit shy on the quantity. LOLs. Blame on me for having this big gastric bag.

But one thing for sure, I think the alcohol drink that I shall never drink again would be wine. I ordered their recommended "Sangria", thinking it's another form of cocktail with a mix of wine and some other alcohol, only to find myself a shock when I was served a glass of red wine with cubes of fruits or cucumber in it. Definitely not palatable to me. But I stuck at that, sip a few, and managed to drink about half before giving up and get the others on the table to finish it for me. LOL.

After a while, TZ must've informed the waiter that there was a birthday boy on the table and was asking if they do any special celebrations. True enough, they brought forth a slice of cake, and made me wear a spiked-like cap. They took a photo of us, I was wondering what for.

About 10 minutes later, they brought me a piece of instant photo framed in a DIY Souled Out frame. Cute!

Despite there were quite a few glitches here and there after we left the restaurant, regarding the quality of service mainly, it was still a nice gathering after all.

Thank you everyone who made it. And thank you everyone who remembered about my birthday as well. ;)


Regarding the review of the restaurant...
Ambience: 3 stars
Food: 4 stars
Quality of service: 2.5 stars

LOL.

9 Jujus:

William said...

Nice shot of TZ's sangria.

Medie007 said...

it's mine leh... LOL
TZ ordered lychee stuff.

William said...

LOL. I tengok dia yang sibuk minum.

Medie007 said...

ahaha. cuz i dun like it mar, so ma give him drink lor. :P

[SK] said...

sorry dude can't make it to the party, but guess you had a very enjoyable one right?? see, everyone was so happy in the photo~~ :)

Gratitude said...

Your 1st 4 jujus looked like fb comments. :P
+Ant+

manglish said...

ohhhh looked delicious wen go back must try expensive ar?

CH Voon said...

TZ is so thoughtful person.
I guess your guys have a wonderful night.

Reanaclaire said...

eh..TZ and Anton are your frens? :)

Happy Birthday wishes again, Jason!