Saturday, March 27, 2010

On the Late "Ang Pau"

I came back from the clinic one afternoon to see an official letter slid onto the door of my room, something I've never ever encountered before. Quickly and hurriedly, I opened the envelope with palpitations.

I was wondering where did I go wrong and what mistakes had I done to receive such a huge attention from the Dean's office. I certainly did all my courseworks, I went to the clinic, I did what I needed to, I clerked the patients assigned to me, I did my on-calls... It's quite unlikely that I was absent to any of the classes. I swore I swore I was pretty good a student. After all, I'm quite a law-abiding student. I mean, we all needed to do that to graduate no?

I finally let out a huge relief when the letter was actually regarding the sponsorship that we were applying while we were attending the conference in Taipei, like 3 months ago. It was quite a frustrating trip in the sense that, we didn't quite get the amount of sponsor that we thought we would. Apparently, most of our applications of funding were cut short...

Well, in the end, it's not like I actually mind so much about it. I mean, I got my application of study leave approved, and I was exempted from class for a week. And I had the opportunity to walk around in Taipei with a wool scarf clad around my neck. It was winter. And I really fell in love with Taipei, to the extend that I actually wouldn't mind if I'm living there. But anyways...

After reading for a bit, turned out we finally got our application for the funds approved!

No. I'm not treating any of you dinner. This money is mine. Mine! MINE MINE MINE!!!
LMAO.

Covered up the 300USD that we paid for the registration of the conference at least...

10 Jujus:

Gratitude said...

I dun care! My oysters and prawns are gonna be paid for by you tonite. :P
+Ant+

Twilight Man said...

Get ready ~ I am dating you to Lemon Gardens!

William said...

Money is always welcome!

smallkucing said...

LOL...it's better late than never :p

Danny said...

so the lucky .. dun worry i wont ask for ur money.. just a nice meal will do :p

[SK] said...

wow, great news!! at least better than none right?? well, am sure you have some money left to get us souvenirs from taipei?? :p

manglish said...

japan is waiting.....

Anonymous said...

i should hv read this yesterday, and insist u to treat us the steamboat lolll...
anyway we still can have other yumcha right?

Medie007 said...

i still havent got my money yet lor! only letter mia...

zewt said...

thing i commented on the wrong post... the congrats should be here...