Thursday, March 25, 2010

On Having a Square Jaw

My family, we've got different shapes of face. Mum's square-jawed, dad's oval. So Mathematically speaking, we'd get something in between. Genetically speaking, we might either have oval or square. But medically speaking, it's natural. No? I didn't recall our jaw being part of the dominant traits...

But whatever it is, I'm jealous of my brother who has got oval face. He's shorter than me, yes. Slightly, still shorter. But he's as heavy as me, I could wear his pants and his shirt. But he looks slimmer, thanks to his oval face. I on the other hand, give people the impression of me being fat. Which is true, partially; although I'm trying to shed them excess fat. There are some results, with rooms of improvement, but at least I don't have double chin.

Which anyways, doesn't matter.

While I was speaking with my friend regarding this matter, him having oval face and me having a square jaw, and me telling him I wished I could have oval face, he on the other hand, "You have no idea what I'd give up to have a square jaw!"

He said, his oval face gives people the impression he's a lady! When he kept his hair shoulder length last time, he said the hawkers called him 'leng lui'. So when he cut his hair super short after that, lesbian thought he's a butch lesbo in Euphoria. (But of course, he's got this really thick lips and nice eyebrow.)

And that's when he told me I have no idea what I have. At least people could still tell I'm a guy.

LOL.

But then again, I'm very self-conscious okay! :P

15 Jujus:

savante said...

That's like cutest baby ever!

[SK] said...

hmmm, i was thinking, is it because of jaw that your friend is constantly be mistaken as a woman?? don't think so, must be something else..

carpe diem said...

All babies are real cute.

Square jaw, oval shaped face...luckily all of us are healthy. Otherwise all these would mean nothing. Oval is nice but square is not too bad either medie...you look good on pics la.

Reanaclaire said...

one is so handsome and one is so adorable.. i guess we cannot have what we want.. i have a big round face and even though i am not fat, my face still shows that i m! yeah, i wan an oval face.. hehehe.. but then............

William said...

There's always plastic surgery. :P

Gallivanter said...

Square jaw - reminds me of superman comics how they portray the man of steel. Maybe try wearing underwear on the outside to embrace it? Haha! Kidding! Seriously, it's no big deal, be grateful that you HAVE a jaw!

Gratitude said...

You've got such a stern but compassionate face..... sorta like a monk! Amitoufu!
+Ant+

Anonymous said...

gosh that baby is really cute! haiya u r attractive in ur own way, so just be happy lah :)

said...

i think square jaw is cute :) jst be urself la~

Bravebear said...

square jaw okay mah... kris... I want you... hahaha!

Danny said...

i oso got square jaw.. but luckily i got BIG face.. so the jaw not so obvious lo...LOL ;p

Janvier said...

Grass is always greener eh?

We want a squarer jaw too!

TZ said...

you sure be happy of what you have ... since it's given.. just bare with it and live happily like Happy Go Lucky eh~

KY said...

I wish to have oval face too. But same as you, my friends said they wish to have my face shape. What a world!!!

Twilight Man said...

I was told by face-reading experts that square faced ones are small gas and easily quick tempered! I never realised that your face is square cos your prawn peeling often distracted me! LOL