Thursday, March 18, 2010

On the Gym-rat's Advice

Dear Sis had been complaining of knee pain, at one pint she couldn't even bend her knees. It was pretty unlikely to be any of those chronic serious cases that I studied about, osteoarthritis or what nots, but since it's been so chronic and lasted for months, she finally went to the clinic and was referred to the orthopaedics, which, came out without a known diagnosis as well.

T.T



So I advised her on her postures. Not to over-extend her knees when she's standing still. Walk with the quadriceps muscles instead of allowing the knees to bear the body weights. All those that I learnt from TZ the gym-rat.

A few hours after she tried out what I asked her to try, she said the pain was slightly relieved. A few days later, she said it felt better, although the pain came on and off.

Mum was surprised, and she urged dad to try out together as well. Amazingly, they felt better as well. So when they asked me how did I know about all these, I threw TZ's name in. LMAO. Sis who had been skeptical of those gym-rats made a cynical remark, "Whoa, I'm amazed, I thought those who gym doesn't know about all these stuff." T.T

Ah well. But the funny part was, Sis walked like a resting flamingo.



I do wonder though, what's the main cause of her problem, it wasn't the joints, probably the patellar tendon as she claimed the pain was at the front part of her knees, not the knees itself. But then again... Hmmmm....

Have yet to do my orthopaedic posting. LOL.

7 Jujus:

said...

Big credit for TZ :)

TZ said...

hehehe... I'm a gym-rat... who is the gym-cat. I need to be aware when the gym-cat approach.

So where is my consultation fees :p

Paul Figaro J said...

me is cute bunny....cute gym bunny. hehehe..

TZ said...

bunny bunny... come come cutie cutie let the tiger taste taste a bit :p

Gratitude said...

siapa tu paul figaro j? lolz
TZ the dirty gym-rat is so cleber hor? :P
+Ant+

TZ said...

Errrr... what is Cleber?

smallkucing said...

I also didnt know leh