Friday, September 04, 2009

On Visiting Sushi Zanmai

So the soulmate and I visited Sushi Zanmai again the other day, way way back a few weeks ago. I failed to make a reservation as it was already 4 in the afternoon when I made the call, so naturally we were expecting to wait upon our arrival in one of their branches in the Gardens.

When we were finally shown our seat, that was when the feast started. In some exageration of course. I didn't choose much, other than some of the sushis during the second round, am a very relaxed person, as long as there is no fermented beans sushi...

I had cold noodle, ended up eating it in the sauce. Was too lazy to dip them noodles before every bite.

But one thing we noticed, the green peas dwindled in size. Of the servings I mean, at most only half compared to what it was months ago. And the mushroom dishes were too sparsely arranged in its big plate, it seemed as if they were desperately trying to cover up their insufficiency.

The beef-wrapped mushroom tasted so so. And their promotional dish of lobster tepanyaki was just normal...

Chawamushi arrived in 20 minutes, half the time we waited the last time we were there. At least our meal rounded up without much delay this time. Or else they would really expect a lot of complains from us...

... Which, I don't think they'll mind anyways, considering the long queue waiting outside the shop and all. I just don't get it why people still want to visit this place.

Rest assured we wouldn't be in a long time to come. At least so I thought.

But to think the meal was in commemorate with my resurrection, I'm pretty contented at the least. And they say, it's not the meal that matters, it's the time and our companies which make the meal special.

12 Jujus:

TZ said...

hmmm... Sushi Zanmai! I think i'm not going to pay a visit now. Not really worth for money. Maybe i should pay of visit to Sogo Japs Restaurant ... hahaha :p

[SK] said...

hmmm, yeah, i really don't understand why is there always a queue in front of the shop.. it's not really that heavenlicious for the wait right?? well, perhaps this is gimmicks to attract more people to queue..

Medie007 said...

ooo me wanna go too!

A Common Singaporean said...

I suppose when there is a queue, ppl always think the food must be good?

Medie007 said...

SK, we found out that night they've got secret rooms at the back...

Medie007 said...

Yikes... why all the comments goes one lower. lol

ACS, i suppose u're right. ;) playing psychological games. :P

Pranny said...

I wan Sakae Sushi...!!!! Cause of the environment gua... I wanted to eat the fried sushi I ate the other day!!!

said...

i went to there too not long ago~ the food seems ok for me...

Medie007 said...

Jerry, go again lor... :P

Leu, it's nt that bad, but it's just... i dunno. i dun really like it anymore

Gratitude said...

food galore .... I'm blessed with cheap roti canai!

Twilight Man said...

I like your watch better than the food design. Till now, I never had the privilege to eat there. Now I wonder whether the people were paid to queue up daily to attract. I never learnt this type of advertising yet. LOL

Medie007 said...

gratitude, yea right... stop being so thrifty with food. you know you want it.

twilight, i wonder that too. a new advertising idea eh? :P