Saturday, July 04, 2009

On Sensitive Ears

My ears got more and more sensitive lately. I blame it on the pressure from the approaching exam.

The other night when the roomie entered the room with another colleague, keeping their voices as low as possible, because this moment in time, everyone is on basically on the verge of collapse preparing for the finals. No matter how much they're trying to reduce their voice, there was still some hushes and hisses. Discussing on abdominal examination? Didn't really bother.

I was trying to read up on the tutorials that we had from the previous postings, recalling what seemed to have gone away from the memory. But all the hushes and hisses really got on my nerves. So in being polite and considerate, I decided to plug myself with the earphone and had the classical music playing.

But that gotten me even more annoyed. I felt as if my eardrums were beating so loudly I almost went berserk. But softening the volume of the classical music would allow me to hear the hushes and hisses.

So I exhaled loudly.

A few times.

Not sure if they got the hint, or they just left because they finished their discussion, but I suspected the earlier.

Roomie studied in the common study room for the past 2 weeks apparently, leaving the room entirely to myself, which was a bliss. But he comes back at 1am every night, and that's when I had to accustom to his sleeping time and put a halt to my own reading as well.

In a way, I guess I can't complain much because roomie has been very tolerant for the past one month. If I don't go picky into all those little habits that he has. But yea, I guess I shouldn't complain.

At least he got the hint. Rather than gosh, don't even get me into the previous roommate I had back in college, it was such a horrible experience. No matter how loud I exhaled, he still hushes and hisses to himself when he read, a.k.a. reading to himself. Annoying habit no?

Perhaps I'm not that easy-going a guy after all.

14 Jujus:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Wot a stressed-biatch! lolz

+Ant+

Twilight Man said...

You are fussier than a retarded Grandma! LOL

Medie007 said...

Anton, learnt from the biatchier biatch. :P

Twilight, guess Grandma taught well. :D

TZ said...

hmmm.... maybe is not your roomie hissing ... it's some others that whispering ... :p

Danny said...

ooo. i oso beh tahan those who reading to themselves... very annoying..:(
add oil

Medie007 said...

TZ, choi choi choi...

Danny, thank you... but i need more oil... u got extra oil onot?

Danny said...

oo.. i dun have anything ..but "OIL".. i can have all my oil.. or shall i say..>FAT? ;p

Medie007 said...

cannn la... burn to get oil lo
:P

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

Stressed out? Take a break!

Medie007 said...

so where's my Kit Kat?

foongpc said...

have a break and come to my blog to listen to some songs : )

MiChi said...

take it easy ... got to be patient, that make a good doctor :) heh heh ... to tolerate people is a form of charity too. life is very simple only le

JL said...

What a baby, aww so cute!! :P

Medie007 said...

foongpc, visited and listened. ;)

Michi, hahaha... i never see tolerance as a form of charity lor.. maybe i should.

JL, not mine though. :P