Friday, March 20, 2009

On liking it Black and White

It was one of our field trips. But somehow, we got tired after travelling around, and me driving for the whole day and what not. Thank God there's the loyal camera to keep me company. Have since the last few days of the trip to Maran that I developed an interest for black and white photography.

I mean, okay fine, I'm not that all proffesional or what not. Just an interest anyways.

By the way, if you're curious where we went that day, here's some insight. Get a pail.

An open landfill. Tee-hee.

8 Jujus:

TZ said...

Errrr... what r u capturing and focusing on your 2nd photo???? :p

Sam said...

It took me awhile to wonder what I needed a pail for. :P But nah, I wasn't too grossed out.

Black and white photography is fun, you're right - just that you need to really know how to let the contrasts of the picture guide the balance of the photo. If that makes sense. :)

Medie007 said...

TZ, iwasn't capturing anyting in particular. was just snapping randomly, didn't even aim for what i was shooting. :P

sam, perhaps the photos wasn't that gross then. :P

JL said...

Why landfill? Medical research? Lol

ichimaru akira said...

Sori,that wasn't gross at all.

I have seen worst things.i think being a life science student has neutralized my yuck factor. I can even eat lunch while watching movies of pot mortems

.:: Ant ::. said...

landfill? why, getting rid of some carcasses?

+Ant+

Jonzz said...

The DCM(Malaysia version) magazine for December 2008 has some interesting articles regarding taking photos in black and white and converting colour photos to black and white.

Medie007 said...

JL, sorta like that. it's a field visit for our environmental health component.

ichimaru, you want gross? you wait. i'll gross you. grr. blek. :P

anton, amongst a few other places for field visit purposes when we were in maran lor..

jonzz, thanks for the info! altho i dun really know wat DCM is. :P