Thursday, March 19, 2009

On being Sucked

We were actually quite disappointed with our trip to the little water fall nearest to town. Little did we know that the water fall was actually just a big slow-flowing stream. So we only stayed and cam-whored for a bit before leaving the jungle out onto the main road.

It was about dinner time when we came out from the big longkang. So we asked the other car to go back to the village and fetch the remaining colleagues who stayed back to finish their work while me and the ones in my car had some driving around on our own. I was taking photos of the evening sky at the side of the highway when I felt something slimey and itchy on my right feet. So I withdrew it out from the flip-flop and attempted to scratch it along the left leg.That was when I saw blood stain on the flip-flop.

Got leech-ed apparently.

It was standing erected on the tar road, swaying around looking for some support. Kinda disgusting and gross and I don’t know, really yucky if you ask me, got all my hairs standing, even down to the pubes. I figured it must’ve been from the waterfall that I got the bloodsucker latched on in between the big toe and the second toe. I was standing at a static spot trying to capture a horny tree. I mean thorny tree.

It kept bleeding, pretty profusely. I had to squeeze a bundle of tissue in between the toes to prevent the blood from oozing out and staining the whole place.

Even when I got back home, blood were dripping when I remove the tissue papers. And it kept bleeding for the next few hours before I can finally walk without a bundle of tissue in between my big and second toes.

Disgusted as it may seemed, I thought it was kinda cool. I mean, to bleed like that. Tee-hee.

26 Jujus:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Wot wuz standing erect on the tar road???

+Ant+

Medie007 said...

the leech

TZ said...

fortunately all of you are doctors ... if i see so much blood i would have fainted on the spot ... but i would not worry. Doctors were around ... kakaka :p

I Hate Leeches...

Sam said...

It's the same reason why when I have a nosebleed, I like to bend over at the sink, and let it drip. Blood is soooooooo interesting. ;)

TZ said...

yerrrrrrr..... so bloody scary with blood flow like water dripping from the tap... :p

ichimaru akira said...

did you pull the leech off?

If u did,that was a wrong move.U shuld let it drop off by its own.

Tanglebloom said...

don't tell me you just yanked it off? that's gotta hurt.

what i do is sprinkle salt on it to dissuade it from latching on and sucking. once it's off, i pour more salt on the leech to punish it. it does a funny little dance before finally dying and shrinking.

Medie007 said...

TZ, but if ure in the forest... and no doctors around... how? :P

sam, you are SICK!!! but i love blood. heehehe

TZ, it wont be like flowing lar. just a few drops only. and it doesn't exactly gush out, blood normally gets out from the wound, floods the surrounding, then it got heavy then only drips.

Medie007 said...

ichimaru, i didn't pull it off. maybe it was latched off becuz i pulled my feet away from the flip flop.

Tanglebloom, u are so MEAN!!!

Paul Figaro J said...

Medie: Tanglebloom is right you know, however, if the salt got to you wound, you'll also dancing around.....muahahaha

Jonzz said...

Wow, it actually looks kinda cool. Stupid leech got your blood flowing smoothly for hours. (I think there's some kind of unconventional medical application if I'm not mistaken, ha ha)

JD Cole said...

carry salt the next time u r in such places....put it on the leech...it will sure die!!

but normally i just let the leech sucked me...coz it sucks the dirty blood out of the body~ :)

Medie007 said...

Paul, i know about the salt thing. but i didnt want me dancing by the roadside lor.hahaha

Jonzz, u mean to stop the bleed? i dun think there is any. it'll stop by itself after the anticoagulant from the leech is gone. tat's after a few hours lor.

JD Cole, what a noble thought! then don't kill them lar. not like we'll die from leech bte also wat. hehe

Bengbeng said...

if it were me, i would panic n worry like hell. the blood on the pics looks so fresh after how many hrs...terrible.

Medie007 said...

bengbeng, haha 2 hours ony lor. :P

Pike-chan said...

yeeeee.. so much blood but i think no problem rite... cos got a bunch of medic students there... :P

Twilight Man said...

Aarrrrrrggggghhhhh! OMG! I often roamed into jungles so I thought how come got no leech mention in your previous post. The kampong folks often said only tobacco water could wash them off, internally and externally.

Danny said...

eeew.. it's really disgusting..
tot there's a way to stop bleeding caused by leech?

MrBunnyBan said...

It got ripped off? So it didn't leave it's mouth behind or anything like that? Or sudah makan puas?

Perky said...

I pernah kena the leech b4 but I didn't mind having it suck on my foot coz it didn't hurt. But then... another one leeched itself onto my foot... then another one...

Then I got too freaked out by the sight of so many leeches, so I got a lighter & burned them off my foot one by one using my zippo.

Medie007 said...

pikey, we won't die of leech bite lar. :P our body can withstand i think 40 leeches at one time.

Twilight, why the aarrrgh!? haha.. i didn't mentioned it earlier cuz i want it to be a surprise ma. :P

Danny, dun think there is a way. cuz the leeches got anticoagulants in their bite that will prevent the blood from clotting, so ma keep bleeding lor. need to wait till the anticoagulants to be gone only it'll stop bleeding.

Medie007 said...

Ban, that one i didn't check wor. :P

Perky, honestly, i can't stop laughing at ur comment. haahahhahaa.

BB said...

i also pernah kena once, when i was hiking a hill. It was so scary that me and my brother screamed like hell and frightened my mother. she thought that we saw something really scary. haha..

Jaded Jeremy said...

Eeew!

ckw said...

lol, i kena-ed too.

my leech sucked more, size larger haha
removed it using the car cigg igniter..
=D

JL said...

Wah siao the bleeding!

They say use some leave called daun kapal terbang (apparently easily abundant in the forest) to make the leech f**k off.