Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On Lammenting

I like to think that I accustomed easily to my surroundings. Maybe because I was from a small town before I live in a big city. Even though I would say my hometown is somewhat quite a big city, I don’t normally brag about it. I mean, not to the extent of praising everything about it. Or at least I think I don’t. Do I? Okay maybe a bit, Kolo Mee maybe.

But that was it.Somehow I find it quite annoying that some people would say something like this.

AA: Finally, one more week to go home. I shall never come back to this little place.

BB: I just can’t stand the food. Goodness… Not even one Chinese dining place.

CC: Bloody hell, look at the place we’re staying in! Nothing better than a sty!

DD: What? Not KFC? No Mc Donald? No Pizza Hut? What is this place?? Even Pekan has KFC!


I mean, come on people, deal with it! Lament on something else please. Like what I did.

“Internet connection withdrawal symptoms: Cervical lymph nodes enlargement presenting with tenderness following pharyngitis, in addition to mild coryza and fever. In addition to that, typical presentation of aphtous ulcer on the left lower lip.”

I wonder who I sent that text message to. LOL.

Anyway, I’m so glad that I’m finally back connected to the virtual world. And of course, I lived through the 2 weeks without the internet. Now now, who would’ve guessed right?

We left on the 1st of March, and we came back on the 13th of March. You who know I was away would’ve known that I did 2 weeks of scheduled post. You who didn’t know would also know I was not able to open any other websites except from the homepage, which narcissistic me had set with my medielicious, as mentioned in the cbox. Amazing what blogspot can do eh? :D

16 Jujus:

Paul Figaro J said...

you and your kolo mee!!......... never end 1......anyway.....it's nice though, worth to mention and brag. Tried it last year when I was in S'wak for World's Rainforest Music Festival

Twilight Man said...

Young man, you are definitely a good survivor and will someday stand tall with your broad sense & humbleness.

MrBunnyBan said...

Good to know you're back! But... doesn't your sms count as lamenting also? :P

Sam said...

Welcome back to the real world then.

I mean, the internet bit - likewise, I don't see fast food as being part of the real world. Communication, perhaps. ;)

ichimaru akira said...

Welcome back to the real world.

I'll go crazy if we switched places,ichi needs his Starbucks every morning.

Cedric Ang said...

Is that a cock?

TZ said...

talk about kolo mee... I wanted to fly back to Kuching now ... drool drool...

Hey, it's not a bad idea to have a two weeks post in a place that you could enjoy the quietness without any city life... btw, fortunately you still can reach out by phone ... kakaka :p

hehehe... now u kind of understand ... life without KFC, McD, Pizza Huts etc.

.:: Ant ::. said...

Fyi, you sent the sms to me. And honestly, my immediate reaction wuz "Wot fcuking crap!" LOLZ

Jangan marah ya, gibberish to a non-medic like me. Now then, you dun find me talking assets vs liabilities to you hor? :P

+Ant+

Pike-chan said...

I think I will enjoy that place. Enjoy the forest, the relax life, the simple-minded people and everything is so fresh!

Anonymous said...

what's the difference lamenting about lack of kfc and lack of internet? sounds the same to me no? hehehe :)

Medie007 said...

Paul J: Finally! Someone who apprecite the kolo mee! haehe

Twilight zone, now that's a compliment i never expect. like, WOW. I'm flattered really.

Ban, i know. i'm just crapping...

Medie007 said...

Sam, fast food is wat... i love and miss them a LOT

ichimaru, tat's such an expensive addiction lor...

cedric, yea it's a cock.

Medie007 said...

TZ, wouldn't be a place without phone connection lar. won't be THAT bad. LOL

Anton, awww... *hugs* sorry lor... ;P besides, i don mind u sending me those messages, my reply would also be 'WTF?" hehehe

Medie007 said...

pikey, you're a nature lover? wow...

pengloon, tat's the point lor. :P

Anonymous said...

ah bong, can I have your msn?

Anonymous said...

bong~ your msn add pls @@"