Monday, March 16, 2009

On the Never Ending Journey

It seemed like a never ending journey. 3 hours of driving in the afternoon heat is such a bad idea. But we promised that we would reach by nightfall, afterall, my car wasn’t that badly injured and I was counted upon to be the driver around the villages when we were to do our surveying stuff.

We drove and we drove and we drove.

The others reached Maran when we were about to start our journey away from Gombak. It was 3pm in the afternoon. It was burningly hot. And the air-conditioner didn’t seem to help cool us down. What’s more with the accident, anxiety and after-shock were still clinging on to the heart.

There were 4 of us in the car. With such a weather that day, even the most chatty guy would be tired and out of mood to chirp. I was tired, and sleepy.

We drove for one hour before stopping at a rest stop along the Karak Highway after the junction into Genting. The winding roads and heavy cars made me feel as if I’m not myself. I’ve never driven such a heavy car before. I couldn’t sleep at the rest stop, however. So after walking around for a bit, we left for the highway again.

Another hour later, we stopped at another rest stop. Stepping out from the car was such a bad idea because the heat was literally burning. Even the toilet was cooler. Okay, the toilet has a fan. I tried to take a nap, but even the wind was hot.

As we learnt that the distance to Maran was just about 35km away, we shouted in joy. It finally seemed reach-able…

So here’s one for the note, there has got to be someone who chirps none stop in the car so that I don’t fall asleep. Otherwise it’s going to be hell of a driving journey…

22 Jujus:

savante said...

Aiyo! Mana tempat ni!

Janvier said...

Play music la in the car. Like Enya.

Medie007 said...

savante, it's in Maran, Pahang. we did our residency programme for 2 weeks there.

janvier, do u want to kill me?! enya in the car in the afternoon is a lullaby!

ichimaru akira said...

I know the feeling,luckily for me,its a twice a year occurrence.

Paul Figaro J said...

Janvier: Medie was right, Enya?? you have got to be kidding.

Me usually turn in radio and listen to those crap from DJ instead of listen to CD

TZ said...

Cookie Jar, Beautiful, Krazy, in the ayer, fantastic girl... sound familiar... play these song will rejuvenate you along the trip...

.:: Ant ::. said...

So emo!..... munch on a gummie and sing the blues away.

+Ant+

[SK] said...

aiyoh, and thinking about having to drive back from Maran.. *FAINT* haha~~ :p

Jason said...

aiyor.. sound so ulu la.. is it like is some long forgotten place?

Danny said...

i haven't go for a roadtrip for quite sometime.... really miss that kind of feeling...

Bengbeng said...

stop if u feel a need. i was driving from Tg malim to Port Klang. I felt so sleepy i drove into the grass verge. Luckily nothing happened.

Jason said...

I think some chill-out will help too.

Sam said...

Then I'm probably the best companion to have in a car: I navigate well, I talk non-stop and I can really keep the driver entertained enough to complete the journey.

Of course, at journey's end - I am the exhausted one. :P It's kinda like a portable battery you bring along to charge your cell phone with. :P

foongpc said...

It's a torture to drive in such heat. I would be fast asleep!

Perky said...

Whenever I need to drive outstation, I usually take Red Bull. It works better than coffee.

So maybe you could try that next time.

Medie007 said...

ichimaru, twice a year? balik kampung ke?

paul, i would've. but my radio antena kena stolen. :S

TZ, i sooo need to compile those songs. heheheh

Medie007 said...

Anton, i actually did! bought 3 tubes of chewing gum. hahahha. i felt my cheek getting toned after chewing them for 3 hours. :P

SK, thank God thank God thank God!

Jase, it's a town lar. dun think so low of other ppl's hometown lar. :P

Medie007 said...

Danny, yay! wanna join mine should i organize one? mmm i wonder when i should do that...

Bengbeng, why did u drove so far to port klang for? catching the last sampan ah? heeehehe...

foongpc, yealor! i dozed of on so many occasions on the highway... so bloody dangerous...

perky, shall take note of that! :D

Medie007 said...

jason... indeed indeed. :P

sam, i thought u are too. lol

JD Cole said...

life's a never ending journey itself~ so, u better get ready ;)

Medie007 said...

life ends quite easily JD

Paul Figaro J said...

antena got stolen?? who on earth would wanna stole radio antena??.....ahaahaha.........