Saturday, September 06, 2008

On being Secretive

CT: So where were you? And who was it?
Me:
What? Where?
CT: Just now lar. You didn't join us for dinner and now you're all sweaty and all. Quick, spill. Who was it?
Me: Hmmm...
CT: The Klang one ah?
Me: Hmmm...
CT: QUICK TELL!!!!


There comes a time when you're into something new, and you feel like wanting to keep it a secret first. But somehow your friends started to notice your missing in the routine activities. The abscence in lunch and dinners. The late coming to gatherings. And excuses to postpone a movie...

CT: How many do you have?
Me:
What do you mean by that?
CT: Yesterday you went to KL, and just now you're out again.
Me: Yesterday? KL??
CT: I saw you walking towards your car yesterday afternoon. You said you're going to KL.
Me: Oh that...
CT: So which one was it? Are they the same person?
Me: Hmmm... I'm not going to tell...
CT: Wait a minute. You have 2 ah? How many do you really have?
Me:
What? I can have as many as I want right?

I tried to keep it a secret really. Not that it's something unusual. A lot of people does that too. No, I don't mean keeping secrets. I mean that thing I'm into that I'm trying to keep a secret. I was hoping that one day, only that one day, after I know it's safe to say, then I'll tell that secret to these close friends. No, it's not something illegal or unlawful or unethical for all that matter. I just don't want to tell just yet.

CT: Woi... tell la. Do we know her?
Me: No you don't know. And you won't know in a gazillion years.
CT: How can like that one?!
Me:
Why can't I? I just don't feel like telling just yet.
CT: Where do you guys meet?
Me: Yerr... that you also want to ask?!
CT: MSN ah?
Me:
Would anyone just add you on MSN if you don't know him?
CT: Friend's friend ah?
Me: Dunno. Not telling either.
CT: Oooooooh... I see I see...


And it's always such curiosity that causes the rumors to spread. Maybe not like a wildfire. But rather amongst ourselves. And now friends are speculating I am seeing someone. Kinda excited so to speak. And there shall be another 'date' coming up Saturday. Excited excited excited!

As long as they don't find out about it.

Maybe doing it in a public place known to friends from school is really that exciting after all. LOL
Hmmm.... Maybe it is my fault for giving such vague answers.



pics by sadandbeautiful (Sarah) and seq

4 Jujus:

Darren said...

who r u dating jek? kl is so big.they probably won't find out where u r.unlike me.haih.

Medie007 said...

hahahahaha. that's what i like about KL. :P

Anonymous said...

I think you're misleading them on purpose. Toying with peoples' curiosity can be fun sometimes. LOL

Medie007 said...

i know.
that's the whole point. :D