Thursday, September 04, 2008

On The Big Bullies

It's been like the 3 of us a lot lately. Me, Rx and Low. There are about 6 of us Chinese, one Indian and 3 Malay in this subgroup of ours. But somehow, like normal, people tends to click towards those who they're closer with. I can't get along with one of the Malay dude, no in a gazillion years. The other guy's fine, but it's just not possible that I keep sticking to the Malay girl right? The Indian guy's a fine guy. But I don't have much things to talk to him about. While there's a couple of the Chinese girls who were already best friends since their first year, it didn't turn out the same between me and KW. Somehow KW likes to wait for his gf, and I always sorta got lazy waiting. And in the end, it was always me with the other 2 singletons. One girl and 2 guys.

On a side note, the ward that we're posted to, I was so lucky that SW's doing her posting in medicine as well. But ah well. Buddy or not, we don't really have much talking done. She's very busy with her work, and I feel bad disturbing her that much. But there's another guy doctor in the ward, I mean amongst all the other doctors. Well, this one gets quite a lot of attention from us alright. He's tall, pretty sturdy, sideburns with 50'clock shadows, tall nose, specs, short hair and pretty fair for an Indian. Or maybe he's a Malay. I don't know. He's really friendly. Low first told me about him when he walked up to her behind her and asked her to take out the Xray and tell him what's the diagnosis. She was shocked, erm, electrified to put it. *sniggering* I mean, well, that's what I presume. Any girl would've been attracted by the doc's feature. Yea, can't deny I looked at him twice as well. *LMAO* No, that does not mean anything. It's not wrong to look at a beautiful man. Or a handsome man, if you want to put it that way.

Anyways, while we were waiting outside the ultrasound room today, Rx sat between me and Low. And he started to ask whether Low has got the number of that "friend" of hers, referring to that good-looking doctor. Low was begging so that I'll switch place with Rx, as I'm always known to be the really kind guy. *wink wink*

But to her horror, I began a conversation that made her jaw dropped.

Me: I wonder when he'll pop his question, "Low right? So... when do you want to go out with me?"
Low: *jaw slightly opened*
Me: You know... and then you guys will become love birds... and all...
Low: *jaw opened bigger*
Me: Well nothing to be shame of. SW got married to a surgeon she met at this hospital. In fact it's pretty great isn't it? By the time you're graduating, you'll say, my bf is a doctor.
Low: *jaw reaching her sternum*
Me: Then in no time, you'll send us your invitation letter. Dr. Cutie and Dr. Low. You're cordially invited to our wedding at whatever place. R.S.V.P.
Low: *jaw reaching her chest*
Me: But I do wonder though. What kind of ceremony you guys will do? His tradition or yours? Hmmmm...
Low: *jaw reached the ground*


When Rx asked if she wanted still to switch place and sit next to me, she shook her head and say... "I think I'll go sit alone..."

*LMAO*

I can be tad a pain in the ass sometime.

So far it's been good. Nothing that eventful. On a scale of one to 10 of my satisfaction doing my medicine postings, it's just a 4. And it's just the 2nd week! I don't know how I could live till the end of the postings. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I'll pass my end-of-postings exam.




pic by TheFalcon