Sunday, July 27, 2008

On A Young Boy's Voice


Gary: Where are you now?

Me: Just reached KL Central. Just back from Bukit Bintang. Where are you?

Gary: Taipan.

Me: Subang Jaya?

Gary: Yeah. Starbucks here.

Me: Errr... Me dunno how to go...

Gary: Blardy hell? You don't know how to come? I thought you're local?

Me: Nope. I'm just studying here.

Gary: Hmmm... Wait a minute, I'll ask Jefferey to give you the directions.


Gary came down from Penang for the weekends to meet up with his elder cousin, Jefferey. So Jefferey gave me the directions. Not that I can visualize anything... The last time I attempted to find a way to Taipan, I got lost helluva dunno where. But at least I managed to find my way out back to the Federal Highway.

So I was driving down the Federal Highway, trying to recall what Jefferey told me. Hmmm... I should be passing by Subang Jaya Medical Centre, the Summit & Hotel... then there'll be a tall building HSBC. But I saw none. Yet I was driving further and further, I think I would be ending up in Putrajaya already. So I called them boys again.

Me: Hey, will I see the building of Majilis Perbandaran Subang Jaya?

Jefferey: Yeah. The HSBC building is just opposite it. The tallest building in the area.

Me: HSBC? I saw Sime Darby. And it's not tall.

Jefferey: Yalar. It's there. We're behind the building.

Me: Oh. Alright alright.


Finally when I found a parking space and walked into Coffee Bean to greet a friend haven't seen for a eons, Jefferey looked at me strangely.

Jefferey: You're big!

Me: Yeah. I am. I'm 21.

Jefferey: No no, I thought you'd be like the typical school boy, 5 foot 6, skinny boy of 50kgs or so.

Me: Huh?

Jefferey: You're not how I pictured. Your voice. On the phone. Like a young boy's.

Gary: Duh. I told you he's 21 what...

Jefferey: No no, it's not about the age. His built I mean.

Me: Oh... Haha. Erm... okaay.... Maybe my voice didn't go as deep as most other guys. Hormonal imbalance perhaps.

*LMAO*

3 Jujus:

Legolas said...

So you sound like a twink?

Darren said...

bong,can I call u? lol

Anonymous said...

Eee...cute-nya. Masih budak kecik ah? Lol... By the way, who is this Gary? Someone you know from the internet?