Sunday, July 13, 2008

On the YKLS's 4th Live On Stage

It was about a week ago that Glog invited me to watch his choir. So I thought it's something like the group choir thingy, like that of Libera or All American Boys Chorus. I like such performances no doubt, that's why I agreed so easily. And since he said he'd be performing, I thought I'd be amongst the audiences watching the whole show, so I asked if the housemates wanted to go together, but frustratingly, none of them medies in the house were interested. I was on the verge of saying I can't make it, what's more when I leant later that it's something like a party. Hmmm... Now that's a put-off, I'm not a social butterfly, I never enjoyed parties. But I guess I like him enough not to let him down.

I didn't have any idea what it's going to be like. Glog didn't tell me exactly what it was going to be. So I just went to the Young Choral Academy in TTDI without expecting anything. It turned out to be the Young KL Singers (YKLS)'s Live on Stage. I thought I saw some posters on the door, and there were prizes stuff at the bottom. Competition? Hmmm...

There wasn't much audiences. Glog said it was one of the least turnout ever. But I thought it was a great enough. I enjoyed myself a lot, to be honest. I was sitting alone at the corner, was experimenting with the camera as well. Oh well, I never was good in mixing around with new people. Anyone who haven't known me long enough would know.

Now I really don't know how to make any formal feedbacks to the whole event. But I thought the crowd was just enough to make the whole event cosy and welcoming. Lots of laughter, lots of talents, and lots of jaw-dropping performances.

I hadn't got my hands familiarised with the camera when this "I'm from Vietnam" guy performed. Hence the flashed turnout was kinda yucky. Do watch the video below and be awed by his talent.


I have yet to master my skills, so the photos were kinda... blurry. Also, I'm embedding some other videos recorded from the event. They aren't that clear. I was recording it using my phone, and had converted it from mp4 format to wmv before uploading it on youtube. But I still hope you'll see what I mean when I say I enjoyed myself a lot. I couldn't really recall who the performers were. Nor could I recall the much of the songs.

There were some others whom I thought was really good. Definitely love this guy's singing.



And this girl who dressed as some Japanese anime character. Like, whoa, her vocals were good. I thought.



If you have yet to notice, it was something like a costume party. Hilarious outfits, some of them. There were some dramas in between the performances. Some "yamatei yamatei"... Erm. 0.O Okay. We're all grown ups. *LOL*

I didn't managed to get the costume of this mermaid girl. She performed Sara Bareilles's Love Song. It was amongst the few I recognized. And the emcee said, her dress actually was some masterpiece from the MIFA last year. Whoa! My phone was low on battery, that's why the suddent cut-off. Darn.



I love the next performer VERY MUCH. It was like I was watching a real singer. Hmmm... I wonder if she's joining Malaysian Idol whatsoever. She's really good!

And everyone would've danced together with the co-emcee. Her dancers were so cute. *LOL*

The night was rounded off with a Tagalog song, I presumed the singer's a Filipino. Very good. But I didn't manage to capture any videos. Low battery. Blerh.

I'm glad I went there tonight. It definitely wasn't the last of my attending YKLS's performance.

1 Jujus:

Glog said...

Hahaha...
Glad you enjoyed it...