Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On Getting out of KL

Woke up at 6, left home at 630, reached KL central at 7, breakfast till 730, and the photographer himself was late. Bleh. He reached one hour later, so I got the chance to wash myself with eyecandies in office wear. The other photographer arrived actually, but I said I was to shy to go meet her, after all, I was invited by the guy photographer and I'm a stranger to the girl. So I just lingered outside at the empty booths.

We finally left for Port Klang on the KTM around 900. If I wasn't mistaken. Reached the port at 10ish, and took a speedboat to Simpang Lima. And the photographers set to work...

...not until after half an hour or so of rain, where the 3 of us seek coverage in a coffee shop. While waiting for the rain to pass, guy photographer thought me some tips on using the dslr. Like whoa, I should've learnt earlier, so that my Cambodia trip would have more awesome pics. *sniggering*

But the weather was sunny after the rain. Turned out to be really hot indeed. So here are the photos I took. And of course, some experimental tried under different white balance mode.

The residents, I presume are all chinese, apart from the small population of foreign workers. We didn't get to see much fishing village activities. But we were lucky enough to catch a lady drying shrimps in her varandah. Or whatever you call that space as. We gathered some information that the fishermen work on alternate week. So if we were there on the working week, we would be able to catch all sorts of activities found in a fishing village.

Life in the village is pretty simple, as how I see it. Kids are innocent and cheery. Luckily they're not like those in Cambodia. "One dollar... sir... one dollar..." affter you snap their photos. In fact, they happily pose for you!

We finished our tour in the small village some time before 2pm and hang out at the same shop as that where we went earlier. Had a bowl of laksa that didn't even taste like laksa.

And finally headed back to the jetty for the 3.45pm boat ride back to the jetty on Klang's side.

Tiring day... A great experience no doubt. And a free photography lesson too!

3 Jujus:

Jason said...

Oh nice piccies.

Darren said...

hey.i wanna play dota against you!!!!

Medie007 said...

y thank you jason. :P

joe... don't kill me!!!