Sunday, May 11, 2008

On the Most Noble Lady of All Time



She calls me every night, and I grumbled that she's annoying. Yet when she doesn't call me, even when it's already hour 2300, I'll start to wonder what's wrong.


She texts me every morning asking if I've reached the lecture hall. And I just replied monosyllably "Yes".


She calls me during the study week and reminds me to take Evervon C and code liver oil pills, to stay alert and fresh. And I lied to her I did, when I have not done so.


She asked my sister to buy takaway for me when I was studying for the major finals, just so that I won't need to drive out to eat. Yet I gruntled saying she's a busybody, in my heart.


She said she'll pray for me so that I'll be alright throughout the exam. I just kept quiet.


She said "Don't worry, you have been studying. You worked hard for this. Just stay calm and you'll be fine." And I started to appreciate what her words really meant to me.


She told my sister every morning during that 3 particular exam days, after , what she did at the temple after she reached home. And when my sister told me that, I felt her love.


When my sister said she was crying that my little brother didn't get what he wanted, I started to think she's over-reacting.


But when she finally called and said it wasn't true, I felt her relief.


When she called to tell me the good news, I could hear her happiness.


She called to tell me, to be careful in Cambodia, to make sure I don't simply point and take photos, in case I triggered rage in the unseen, I thought she's being superstitious.


Yet, I know she'll always be like that no matter what happened.


And I enjoyed chatting with her over the phone for over one hour.


She's none other than the great lady who carry you for nine months, and making sure you are healthy, worrying over every little thing you're doing, just because you're her son/daughter. She's none other than the most noble lady on earth. She's everyone's most noble lady.


She's your mother.


Happy Mother's Day.

Recommending: Oh My God {I KNOW! I didn't even know I could write like that!}

7 Jujus:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.

savante said...

It's your mom. You can never bee too sentimental :)

Cyclohelix said...

Beautiful :)

Jason said...

And the Most Noble Lady award goes to... :)

Katetricia said...

wow. that's very beautiful entry *touched*

William said...

Wah. Anak yang soleh!

Medie007 said...

:D thanks people. :D :D ;D