Wednesday, April 23, 2008

...On Turning 21



*buzzzzzzz* I looked up. It was KK's phone in silent mode. We were in the library, everyone was quite. Just the sound of people flipping the pages or those shoes tapping on the floor.

A while later, *buzzzz*, I looked up, KK was smiling at his phone. It shivers me whenever people smile themselves while reading text messages, but yea, I know what it was like. Especially when the text messages were hilarious or from someone special.

It was after a while that we finally called time out for dinner. An early one, as it was only 1830. So, the three of us headed to the motorbike parking lot. CH and KK were talking amongst themselves. God knows what they were talking about. All I could get was, they were talking about KW coming to pick somebody up. Or something.

Feeling odd, I asked them what the whole thing was about. I thought KW would be joining us for dinner, that we'd wait somewhere for him, and follow his car elsewhere, but we were already getting onto the bikes. After some amount of pressure, KK finally said it was about the cake.

My birthday cake.

Or rather, mine and the other housemie who shares the same birthday.

KK: Don't pretend lar!
Me: Whoa... I thought it was celebrated last Sunday at the restaurant. Didn't occur to me you guys wanted to do the cake celebration even.
KK: Just a simple cake lor. Share with IS...
Me: Can, doesn't matter....


* * * * *

7 hours later, when the clock struck 12, we had the cake celebration. The girls from the house below were here as well. Quite a group, but just nice. IS blew her candles, as she's one year older than me. Then we waited for the 2nd time the candles would be lit.

Surprise surprise, KW and ShanG brought another cake out from the kitchen. I was shocked and surprised! I thought we'd just stick to the same cake...

I was touched, really. Overjoyed. Extremely happy. These brothers sure are the great things I have thus far.

Birthday card - RM3

Cakes - RM50

Close friends - priceless

Thanks guys... And gals. :D

8 Jujus:

Jason said...

Happy 21! Big boy liao :p

wenlong said...

happy birthday dude!!
simple yet lovely celebration, in the midst of exam, cool ain't it!~

jia you lar!!!!!!!

sally^^ said...

Happy Birthday to u!!
wish u happy always and may ur dreams come true~~
Good luck in ur exam too..

actually da mysterious hp no dis morning is me, i've been using tat number quite long time ago.. haha.. jz tat i dint give u my tat no.. hope u wont mind..

Unknown said...

hi, happy birthday to you....wish you have a great final exam...when u are overjoy..plz rember those who r misfortune like kk and ch ..their bikes share the same destiny..hehe

Pike-chan said...

waaaaah 21 liao lor... can go clubbing jor!

happy birthday to you yah!

Medie007 said...

Jason: THANKS! La la la

jeep0h: exaaaam aaaaah... dieeeee... but yea, it's sweet of them no doubt. :D

Medie007 said...

sally: haha didn't occur to me it was you. i thought it was somebody else. LOL

KK: OMG! CH also pancet?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Medie007 said...

pikey: Thanks ya! :D clubbing. LOL