Tuesday, January 29, 2008

For The Stupidity I'm Revealing...

So much so for turning metro, as how YL put it the other night when we convoy came home with shopping bags, I have one thing that I'm still in the Medieval age. My hair. ( -.-" )

I remembered how Bibik suddenly commented on my hair once. How should I ever restyle my hair, considering I've got a genetically inherited wavy hair which apparently, is more stubborn than any rebellious kids you could get your hands on. And by that, what I mean was, however strong the hair gel I used, there's still the wave above the forehead, which, honestly, is soooo damn fugly! Me hates wavy hair!!! At least on my head that is. Bibik was saying I would never look good with long hair, unless I go trojan, so I should forever keep my hair short. So short it is.

We therefore went for a haircut yesterday evening. The result was, not too bad. Ah well, it's for the CNY, so I won't go complain anything. Seriously though, I'd say it's a bit too expensive just for a cut and treatment wash. For that price, I could have had 2 sessions back in hometown. But then again, what can I say, it's the bustling city, nothing really comes cheap over here anyways. Still, I've got to say, this year's hair cost much much much less than last year's as I was smart enough to actually visit A Cut Above one year ago, and asked them to do a restyle. And the stylist farking gave me rebonding. You do know how expensive it can go right? I was on the verge of fainting and later on I had to lie to my parents that the haircut cost 0.2k less than the original price, to prevent anyone else from fainting.

Anyway, back to the new hair I've got this year. It's definitely short alright. Even the stylist said it's a 'difficult' hair. He managed to cut it. It looks neat and tidy now that strains of hairs don't go tsunami-like. So after a rinse, I was given wax. I looked nice. Bibik seconded that. But the 'nice' time won't last over a day, I knew, for I've known my hair as long as I'm alive. And true enough, it didn't even last through the night.

Bibik: Get yourself wax. You could maintain this style for the next 2 weeks, then after that, restyle again. But you can still stick to wax.
Me: Wax?? I err, don't know how to use that.

No, am not kidding. I solemnly agree that I have no idea how you get those fanciful hairs. And I never gotten myself familiar with spikey as well. I just have no idea how! I was brought up combing my hair to one side, and I never had the chance to do spikes, until I was approaching my 2nd decade. Don't laugh.

Anyway, we did eventually get my can of wax. And I tried wax for the first time ever, I mean myself applying it on myself. I asked for the directions from the fellow stylist in the room alright, and did some experiments. Hair didn't turn out as good as last night. Even the stylist said I had difficult hair and was having some trouble making sure the twirl stay straight, what more of myself when I'm just an amateur? The hair kept curled and bent, and I can never get them straight. Hmph....

5 Jujus:

joshua said...

It doesnt look catastrophic to me... here!

anyways, i don't use any hairstyling products either

Mr RM said...

The ex used to fess about my hair. But, I don't really bother too much. He likes spiky hair, but i prefer the preppy look...

urs look perfectly ok lar... no need to worry too much

Medie007 said...

ooo flattery... thanks guys... :D

Zyklon22 said...

Looking good never comes easy or cheap either :)

Medie007 said...

of course not... :P takes lots of hard works and hard feelings okeh. :p