Thursday, October 17, 2013

On the Royal Crown


But of course.... I got my tickets into the building!!!!!

So here goes - Pardon my excitement. But I remembered I was really elated and proud of myself that day. Waking up early and standing in the queue for 1 hour at 7am did not go to waste.


We were told the glass panels were original. They were taken down by good souls during the war and were hidden underground, and was installed back when it was peaceful again. 


And lo and behold... the dome...


Where the royal crown is... The original one so to speak...


Guarded by guards...

The pillars were all decorated with carvings of the kings of the Magyar kingdom..


After, we were led through a hall...


To THE room!

That said, we were also told that there were no heating system in the entire building until recent years... So during winter, hot air were blown through the hole on the floor beneath the seats...


And so, that's the end of the tour to the Parliament building.


0 Jujus: