Monday, February 22, 2010

On CNY Cards

Mum and dad used to get a lot more festive cards from their colleagues. I think. Or their students. But somehow, I think maybe because it's more convenient to send a greeting via SMS rather than snail mail. Therefore, we don't get much nowadays.

Having said that, some of the cards we get are really pretty! My favourite amongst those stash is this one by Dad's younger brother. It has got this 2.0.1.0. cut out with images of tiger beneath. So the images could be seen via the cut outs.

Very nice really.

I sent one. Was looking for a super red card, but didn't manage to find any, so I sent a golden colour-ed one.

Who'd have known, I didn't let sis know that I was sending, and I signed off as both me and sis. SO... Sis also sent one super red one, signing off as herself and myself. LOL.

I always loved these cards. Just that, it's quite a hassle as to how to keep it after the CNY. LOL.

8 Jujus:

[SK] said...

yeah, now everything has gone electronic.. i only get ONE card from my insurance agent every year.. from friends, only SMS.. :)

manglish said...

very nice and creative, expensive ar?

William said...

I did not receive many cards this year.

Anonymous said...

yeah nowadays i only sms friends :)

smallkucing said...

I oso use sms :(.

foongpc said...

Nice CNY cards! I like receiving them but too lazy to send them, haha! Nowadays just sms and now even easier, just wish everyone Happy CNY on Twitter and Facebook! LOL!

Gratitude said...

Oh, we staple the old cards together and wrap them around the potted plants. Looks nice especially on potted ferns.
+Ant+

CH Voon said...

hahaha same like sk..

i received 2 new card from 2 different insurance agents

it is good to receive card rather that sms... more solid