Thursday, April 25, 2013

On the Arrival in Krakow

Arrived Krakow late in the afternoon from Warsaw. Poland after all, is one of the larger countries in Europe, and it takes a few hours then, to travel from Warsaw to Krakow.

Krakow is is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. It was listed in the UNESCO World Heritage list.

As I only arrived later in the afternoon, and it took a while to get to the hostel, by the time I was ready to sight-see, it was already even though the sky  was still bright. (Which was why I began to give myself more time and lengthen my stay in each town henceforth in my travel). So I decided to walk South and headed out of the old town to the Jewish Quarter.

Along the way, there were numerous signboards indicating walking routes around the city. And that's when I realized that it's actually a very touristy city. Souvenir shops were all over the town (will come to this later); maps all around with signboards pointing to the direction of the main tourist attractions. I think the Polish government is doing a good job in this.


But as I had mentioned, most of the shops were closed early even though it's still bright. And hence, the town looks quite dead actually. LOL. By 6pm, I decided to walk back to the old square where I stayed and called it an early night...

1 Jujus:

Twilight Man said...

I love heritage buildings like these in Poland. How boring when shops close so early!!! Damn lazy people.