Sunday, June 03, 2012

On Becoming Wicked!

I can't get enough of it really. I had to say it again and again, for that afternoon, I was Wickeeeeed!!!

So it was that same weekend (you have to know, my life is all work and no play, so whenever there's a weekend getaway I had to stretch as long as I could blogging about it! LMAO!), that I was in Marina Bay Sans catching the Broadway famous play, about the Wicked Witch of the West and the Good Witch of the North. I knew it was good. Everyone was talking about it. So I had to watch it. And well, considering I've never been to a theatre, it was a good chance!

So that afternoon, I bit my tongue pulling out 98SGD which is like... 250RM (OMG!) to pay for a seat so high that I could barely see the face of the actor and actress... Thanks to the good sound system though, it was just like watching a 3D movie. I mean, I could make out the characters and all, just that, it was like I have short sightedness. LOL.

The songs were awesome...

Defying gravity was just so great that I was blown away.

But overall, I'd rate it a 10/10. From a biased point of view of course. I've never been to one. And this one just sort of gave it a high benchmark from now on. LOL.

See what Wiki says about it:

While the original production won three out of its ten Tony Award nominations, garnered six Drama Desk Awards and received one Grammy Award, Wicked has since accrued one Laurence Olivier Award and six Helpmann Awards internationally. Since its 2003 debut, Wicked has broken box office records around the world, currently holding weekly-gross-takings records in Los Angeles, Chicago, St. Louis, and London. In the week ending January 2, 2011, the London, Broadway, and both North American touring productions simultaneously broke their respective records for the highest weekly gross. Both the West End production and the North American tour have been seen by over two million patrons each while the original Broadway production, having played over 3,492 performances, celebrated its eighth anniversary on October 30, 2011, making Wicked the 12th longest-running Broadway show in history.
How could I beg to differ? The show lived up to its fame...

Oooo I'm still so Wicked!

I was fooled by the title of the play, for I thought the Wicked Witch was always wicked. Little did I know Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz had been lied all along.

2 Jujus:

Twilight Man said...

Heh! Heh!... You seem to enjoy good lifestyles now. I had never watched plays at theaters other than Chinese opera shows during hungry ghosts month which is coming soon. Can we watch them together over here???

TZ said...

Medie007, I wanna to watch the play... let me know if there is one in the near future. I went to the London the summer musical @ Sunway Lagoon yesterday.

Twilight man, hardly can get those Chinese Opera tong tong chiang during hungry ghosts month... there were replaced by those sexy singers. So did you sit @ the front seat?